Official NBA 22-23

10 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don’t know what the hell this team is doing. I suppose maybe in long run they need to get Lavine out there and maybe do something on court so you can deal in offseason but at least move on from Derozan if you can or get a ton of capital for Caruso while he still has one more year under contract. 

This is probably the single worse front office in Chicago sports history with how little they do and that says a lot given the Rick Hahn era. 

Not trying to trade 1 of DeRozan or LaVine is front office malpractice. They don't work together at all. 

10 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don’t know what the hell this team is doing. I suppose maybe in long run they need to get Lavine out there and maybe do something on court so you can deal in offseason but at least move on from Derozan if you can or get a ton of capital for Caruso while he still has one more year under contract. 

This is probably the single worse front office in Chicago sports history with how little they do and that says a lot given the Rick Hahn era. 

They started off so strong and have since sat on their hands.

The Knicks were reportedly offering a good amount of LaVine last year. We know DDR and Caruso had good offers. Vuc - as an expiring - probably could have pulled a second.

They should have swallowed their pride, done a big sell off and traded LaVine, DDR and Vuc at minimum and Caruso if the offer was right. Build around the young guys they had and then try to improve in the draft and the sudden new found cap-space.

Instead it's just run it back for the 5th time with depreciating assets.

I think I'm firmly in the you don't trade LaVine for scraps camp. If you trade anyone, you trade an expiring like DeRozan. LaVine won't fetch you his true value and I don't think the issue is LaVine alone. It's the fact that he and DeRozan do not work together. That was one of my main concerns when the Bulls went out and signed DeRozan in 2021. 

I don't think the relationship between Zach and the Bulls is unfixable. You can try to make it work when he's the main option again. Trading him just to get his contract off the books is incredibly poor asset management. His trade value really can't get much lower than it is now, you might as well keep him and try to trade the pieces that can actually get you some value back. 

Bulls need to trade Demar, Caruso, and ideally Vooch.

Let Pat and White and Ayo get tons of minutes. They will lose a lot of games - but maybe ping pong balls go there way and White hopefully keeps his ascent and maybe the other guys do as well. 

Hit on your draft pick and than let a healthy Lavine hopefully look good and deal him.  

9 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Bulls need to trade Demar, Caruso, and ideally Vooch.

Let Pat and White and Ayo get tons of minutes. They will lose a lot of games - but maybe ping pong balls go there way and White hopefully keeps his ascent and maybe the other guys do as well. 

Hit on your draft pick and than let a healthy Lavine hopefully look good and deal him.  

There is no such thing as a healthy Lavine similar to a healthy Ball.  They are going to get fleeced trying to move him.  

The front office will resign DeMar and run it all back again.   They have no choice.  The signed Vooch and nobody is taking the Lavine contract so they will draft some player that stinks and blame injuries.

They almost got me back into caring prior to the Ball injury.

Only difference with this front office and Gar/Par is this front office invested in a legitimate coach.  As far as building a roster, Gar/Pax may have been better.

I say this in that most of my Bulls knowledge comes from this website.  

53 minutes ago, Quin said:

Man, I turned the game on at half, saw the score and left it on as background noise.

Now I miss the Cardiac Bulls.

The team is fun when they're playing at their best. The problem is that they're extremely inconsistent and no team in the NBA can play with that type of intensity every night.

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

A real front office would have done something - maybe found a creative way to get Bogan from Pistons cause New York didn't give up much anything.  

They've been sitting on their hands for 3 straight years at the deadline. Unbelievable really. 

• Like 1

can't believe how bamboozled I was. They aren't the worst FO in the league (detroit), but they are the laziest. And that was my main gripe with GarPax, who could at least draft. It is what you get when a failson takes over the org.

49 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Thad Young waived...seems like the Bulls could really use him actually. 

I have no idea - I'm sure he's no good anymore, but I liked the way he played and I like his veteran leadership. Its pretty clear to me that Bulls are going to resign Demar and basically have him be a veteran mentor for the rest of the team.  Lavine will get dumped in off-season and I have no idea what they will do with Williams.  

The problem with Demar in mentor role is - the Bulls don't have really any young talent outside of White. I still think Williams is a bum and he's going to get paid. 

But maybe they will S&T Williams or something to maintain some value cause I don't like the idea of paying him money (literally his #'s this year are exactly in line with his career - outside of that few week stretch he's been the same lousy player he's been forever).  

And I'm not saying Lavine is going to get the Bulls a ton - but with him hurt and not playing I think there are just less things that can be done vs. in the off-season when more teams might be in play.  Bulls front office really dropped the ball when they didn't move Lavine in the off-season (everyone knew the fit was no longer there).  

4 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I have no idea - I'm sure he's no good anymore, but I liked the way he played and I like his veteran leadership. Its pretty clear to me that Bulls are going to resign Demar and basically have him be a veteran mentor for the rest of the team.  Lavine will get dumped in off-season and I have no idea what they will do with Williams.  

The problem with Demar in mentor role is - the Bulls don't have really any young talent outside of White. I still think Williams is a bum and he's going to get paid. 

But maybe they will S&T Williams or something to maintain some value cause I don't like the idea of paying him money (literally his #'s this year are exactly in line with his career - outside of that few week stretch he's been the same lousy player he's been forever).  

And I'm not saying Lavine is going to get the Bulls a ton - but with him hurt and not playing I think there are just less things that can be done vs. in the off-season when more teams might be in play.  Bulls front office really dropped the ball when they didn't move Lavine in the off-season (everyone knew the fit was no longer there).  

He outplayed Vuc just last week. He was still playing decent bench minutes for the Raptors. 

Man AK presser and Cowley. Seems like it’s all on AK at this point as ownership gave him green light and it sounds like his own team also was proposing to blow it up. 

AK clearly already has a wink wink extension with Demar. Zach will be gone and heck if I know what else. But AK is hell bent on play in or slightly better. 

I read a tweet that said AK hasn’t traded for a player since 21. That obviously doesn’t count when he traded for a pick which was than used on Phillips. 

Seperately - since Bulls traded Jimmy, they have won 1 playoff game. Butler has won 46 in that same span. 

Trading for an injured LaVine?  That hasn't happened since the Bulls did it when he was out for ACL surgery.  So never say never.  But it's too late for now.

Speaking of great trades, I did see Gary Harris on the ORL roster.  Wasn't he part of the McDermott trade?  And that was Gar/Pax.