2023-24 NFL Season Thread

3 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Someone explain why Fields only has 9 throwing attempts?

Because he holds the ball longer than any QB in the NFL, getting sacked continually because of it. Still can’t read a defense and make a quick decision. Fields needs gone.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 1

Just now, Flash Tizzle said:

Someone explain why Fields only has 9 throwing attempts?

Because he keeps getting sacked and ending drives with any pressure? Those are pass plays guys. When he can’t make a third down play and can’t throw it…can’t pass 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

Amazing what a QB can do with a clean pocket play after play

Fields may not be our future long term QB but I struggle to see what another QB would do on those 3rd down sacks Fields has taken, defenders immediately in his grill and no one open...

Why can't we have an OC that can create wide open recievers like GB can?

• Thanks 1

Just now, chw42 said:

You want him to look bad enough to not keep, but not bad enough that his trade value gets destroyed. 

I think there are enough teams with truly awful QBs that there will be a good market for him. I just pray to for the Falcons message board posters don’t overtake this board.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Because he holds the ball longer than any QB in the NFL, getting sacked continually because of it. Still can’t read a defense and make a quick decision. Fields needs gone.

There was absolutely no open receiver on his last sack, replay don't lie lol

3 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Fields may not be our future long term QB but I struggle to see what another QB would do on those 3rd down sacks Fields has taken, defenders immediately in his grill and no one open...

I have not seen a play where he has held onto the ball for too long today. I see more awful line play today.

Green Bay’s bread and butter seems to be short passes, runs and get the explosion play. Get into manageable third downs and convert.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

What about the first two plays leading up to those third downs? Fields is not doing ANYTHING

1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

Not taking about one play

On replay, every one of his sacks today either the defender got there so quick no QB in the league would've have done anything positive with that. I get what are Fields limitations but this isn't all on him. Maybe another coaching staff will put him in a better position to succeed but if we don't fix the obvious offensive issues, no QB will succeed here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

What about the first two plays leading up to those third downs? Fields is not doing ANYTHING

They were run plays, was he supposed to get out in front and block? 😆 

• Love 1