2023-24 NFL Season Thread

9 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Really strange how all the divisional games are at end of season 

If this season is anything like the last...that's a good thing

1 minute ago, Tony said:

If this season is anything like the last...that's a good thing

With a young team, I think you are on to something here.  They probably will peak as people get to know each other better.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With a young team, I think you are on to something here.  They probably will peak as people get to know each other better.

Correct. They have a decent chance to go 4-2 in those first six weeks before the bye. But let's say 3-3 is more realistic. Ideally Caleb has started to pick up the speed of the NFL, the team has started to gel...and then the second half is basically dominated by divisional games and it will all come down to the 2nd half of the season. I'd much prefer that to opening the season again against the Packers. 

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Correct. They have a decent chance to go 4-2 in those first six weeks before the bye. But let's say 3-3 is more realistic. Ideally Caleb has started to pick up the speed of the NFL, the team has started to gel...and then the second half is basically dominated by divisional games and it will all come down to the 2nd half of the season. I'd much prefer that to opening the season again against the Packers. 

And with all of those young defensive players we are asking to step into bigger roles too, I do think we will be seeing an ascending trendline.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this a lot from the players. You can see why it'd be so annoying, your offseason being broken up with really short / mandatory stays rather than just straight thru. But then in exchange improve the issue with their likely not being enough contact/coaching in the offseason by increasing the ramp up

17 hours ago, Tony said:

This will be the most watched Hard Knocks in history.  I'm completely biased but the Bears are what would happen if the cubs and Sox fans were on the same team.  There is no more popular team in professional sports then the Bears.  It's sad the ownership groups of Chicago teams f*** everything up.    

• Haha 1

I would have been super pumped about hard knocks ten or so years ago. But it is so boring now. You get basically nothing except some UDFA formulaic storytelling.

I am the outlier but I want nothing to do with hard knocks.  No team comes out of that show better for it and usually it exposes some pretty embarrassing s%*#

• Like 1

I would prefer it not there - with that said - I am sure I will enjoy just getting to see that experience. I am hoping nothing bad comes of it. I felt like a while back the Bengals were a team that didn't have any negative knock on effects from Hard Knocks. I didn't think the Cowboys did either but maybe I'm misremembering.  

Lions mainly had people making fun of their head coach -> but I don't think anyone is making fun of him now (but I may be misremembering some other issues).  

On 5/31/2024 at 11:13 AM, Kyyle23 said:

I am the outlier but I want nothing to do with hard knocks.  No team comes out of that show better for it and usually it exposes some pretty embarrassing s%*#

I feel like that was the case the first decade and then the nfl took a bigger grip and now I don't think it matters that much personally.

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

I feel like that was the case the first decade and then the nfl took a bigger grip and now I don't think it matters that much personally.

I mean, Flus is embarrassing to watch in pressers.  Now I get him unfiltered 🙄

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

I mean, Flus is embarrassing to watch in pressers.  Now I get him unfiltered 🙄

I think he’s probably the same. All the players say he’s pretty chill. Gonna be Caleb 24/7 if bet

Kevin Warren seems like he has only one option in mind and that is continuing with the bullshit gridlock of the soldier field/museum area and build another co-owned stadium with the city.  Dumb