2023-24 NFL Season Thread

46 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I was mocked last year when I said the Lions would be the team to beat in the North this season and for the foreseeable future. Everyone laughed at the idea of a Goff led team being a true contender (despite the fact he’s already done it before). Who’s laughing now?

It’s been one game buddy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I was mocked last year when I said the Lions would be the team to beat in the North this season and for the foreseeable future. Everyone laughed at the idea of a Goff led team being a true contender (despite the fact he’s already done it before). Who’s laughing now?

The Lions won the game, but I would hardly say they looked like contenders. They scored 14 offensive points going against a mediocre defense who by the way was missing their best player. The Chiefs meanwhile were also missing their best offensive skill position player and SHOULD have won the game anyways if Kadarius Toney could catch a ball.

I like Dan Campbell, hes a great motivator, but he makes some dumbass decisions. Going for it on 4th down at midfield at the end of the game there was just dumb. Again, if Toney catches a wide open ball the Chiefs win this game and your post is never made.

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

The Lions won the game, but I would hardly say they looked like contenders. They scored 14 offensive points going against a mediocre defense who by the way was missing their best player. The Chiefs meanwhile were also missing their best offensive skill position player and SHOULD have won the game anyways if Kadarius Toney could catch a ball.

I like Dan Campbell, hes a great motivator, but he makes some dumbass decisions. Going for it on 4th down at midfield at the end of the game there was just dumb. Again, if Toney catches a wide open ball the Chiefs win this game and your post is never made.

Toney had quite a game.  That interception return was a perfect in stride pass that bounced right into the defenders hands 

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Toney had quite a game.  That interception return was a perfect in stride pass that bounced right into the defenders hands 

I just went to go double check what I said to make sure I wasn't talking out of my ass and yeah, Toney dropped a wide open ball with room to run at the Detroit 35 yard line. If he just catches that and falls down, the Chiefs either score a TD or kill clock and kick a FG.

Toney had an absolutely brutal game.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

kelce gonna have 45 targets a game when he returns

Man, that Chiefs team has no talent on that offense outside of Mahomes and Kelce. None of those guys looked good at all. I guess that's the price you pay when your QB takes up $40 million of cap space.

30 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Yep Mahomes looked so human yesterday.  Without Kelce being a distraction or target showed how exposed the Chiefs were.  Not to mention the numerous dropped passes.

I thought mahomes still looked pretty great, but imo is also a reminder that I can be optimistic about fields improving since he now has a receiver cast that isn't led by the chiefs former 3rd receiver, the packers former 5th receiver, etc.

I think it makes their fight with chris jones understandable. But also ...they may need to trade him. Not sure you can have the highest paid d player even if he deserves it.