2023-24 NFL Season Thread

I didnā€™t like the decision to go for it on 4th down. Fields hasnā€™t looked great but the offense is out of sync. The play calls havenā€™t been great and I donā€™t know that they are calling plays to their strengths. The defense has allowed too many explosion plays and special teams allowed a dumb punt return and has returned too many kick returns when they could have just taken it at the 25. They look mediocre. I donā€™t know if Love is good or if the Bears defense is just bad.

Edited by The Beast

Just now, DirtySox said:

As only a casual NFL fan, were/are the Bears supposed to be good this season? This seems underwhelming.

With so many holes on their roster, they canā€™t be expected to fill all needs and turn things around in one offseason (the previous one was turning over the roster). I didnā€™t think they would be better than 8-9.

• Like 1

Almost fear sorrier for Bears' fans to deal with almost boundless optimism for months and months and now this.

Sox fans by and large were pretty realistic having them at mired in mediocrity instead of 33 games below .500 and mired in misery instead.

Plus there's always dreams of 1-1 draft picks to sustain one's interest in football.Ā  Don't even have that now.

21 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

As only a casual NFL fan, were/are the Bears supposed to be good this season? This seems underwhelming.

Ā 

18 minutes ago, The Beast said:

With so many holes on their roster, they canā€™t be expected to fill all needs and turn things around in one offseason (the previous one was turning over the roster). I didnā€™t think they would be better than 8-9.

They are still a young team and they still have a lot of upcoming draft resources, so theyā€™re still working to rebuild things. 8-9 would be the kind of positive movement youā€™d be pretty content with overall, but youā€™d really like them to have come out a little tougher than this at home against GB of all teams.

• Thanks 1