4/6/23 Giants @ White Sox 1:10 Game Time

wegner

7 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Becoming more and more clear.  It's a .500 team with no power and no ability to work a good OBP.  Nice collection of redundant pieces. 

.500 might be optimistic with the astronomical number of home runs and walks they give up.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

I was one to quickly claim Kopech's career is over.  My sense with Kopech is that he as no idea how to approach a hitter.  His FB was so dominant his entire life he's never had to learn.  Now his FB is pedestrian, his breaking ball command suspect, and change up command still a work in progress.  Now he's trying to learn how to pitch at the big league level and I don't suspect it will go very well. 

Lance on the other hand is just fat and old. 

Lance is a fine pitching machine NOV their minor league depth.

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Now Colas is in the game......Im not sure the baseball IQ of an organization could be realistically lower. 

Tony was so bad, his replacement should have had the easiest job ever to look competent.  Should is the key word.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I would rather they make it obvious what needs to happen at the deadline than being a .500 team

Yea at this point I agree. There needs to be no doubt as far as what has to happen. The problem is with RH and JR making the decisions they will all be wrong. 

Just now, LittleHurtCG said:

I thought things were going to be different under Grifol? These dudes aren't ready to play and aren't being put in a position to succeed.  

The organization’s obsession with the Royals Way is so strange 

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Yea at this point I agree. There needs to be no doubt as far as what has to happen. The problem is with RH and JR making the decisions they will all be wrong. 

Are you suggesting they start trading everyone away at the deadline and go back into another tank mode? 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

If you're going to bring in Colas now, should have PH hit him for Alberto with the bases juiced when this was still a game within reach.

Especially once you hit sheets for burger.  Tells me he thinks more of Hanser than the shitty bench player he is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Are you suggesting they start trading everyone away at the deadline and go back into another tank mode? 

Just for discussion, if they’re out of it at the deadline, the following need to be available:

Timmy, Giolito, Hendricks, Bummer, Lynn, Kelly, Andrus, Grandal, Diekman, Graveman

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Especially once you hit sheets for burger.  Tells me he thinks more of Hanser than the shitty bench player he is. 

Hanser is Pedro's Luery Garcia. Pedro loves the guy. Don't be suprised if Hanser gets a nice three year contract during the offseason.