4/6/23 Giants @ White Sox 1:10 Game Time

wegner

11 hours ago, wegner said:

It's a little known fact that this song was actually written about a glorious White Sox day game winner....thus the FIREWORKS......

It’s crazy that in the 70s you could just videotape people doing something in one take in terrible lighting, have it look bad, and just say:  “this is fine.  Release this to the world”

• Haha 3

Don't Stop Now Boys! Let's kick the Giants hard today and win this series and keep the momentum going? 

You guys need to be dominant at home this year and have a well above 500 record at home this season and not the horrible under 500 record you had last year at home.

32 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Romy in RF again.  Man, they could have really used Adam Duvall if they were going to go with a platoon.  Super frustrating.

Agreed. However, they weren't going to pay over $7M (how much he's getting from Boston) for a backup/weak side platoon OF. Plus, he gets to play every day there. Can't really blame them there.

Stay hot, Romy.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Agreed. However, they weren't going to pay over $7M (how much he's getting from Boston) for a backup/weak side platoon OF. Plus, he gets to play every day there. Can't really blame them there.

Stay hot, Romy.

I think that is precisely the move a major market club in their window makes.  

The savings in starting Colas (barring a ROY) in Charlotte alone would have helped pay the bill.  I think the Sox were "in" on him but using the same strategy they used on Elvis.  If anyone came along with a real bid they weren't going to get him. 

Major miss for me.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

I think that is precisely the move a major market club in their window makes.  

The savings in starting Colas (barring a ROY) in Charlotte alone would have helped pay the bill.  I think the Sox were "in" on him but using the same strategy they used on Elvis.  If anyone came along with a real bid they weren't going to get him. 

Major miss for me.  

Also, how much more do they need to spend over Boston to pull him in over having a starting CF job that he can use to try to get a multi-year/more money after this year? $2M? 3M? Possibly $9-10M for a 4th OF seems pricey for this team. Emphasis on the bolded.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Romy in RF again.  Man, they could have really used Adam Duvall if they were going to go with a platoon.  Super frustrating.

Yeah, I mean the guy who has been the best player in the league a week in would be helpful, for sure. 

2 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

It’s crazy that in the 70s you could just videotape people doing something in one take in terrible lighting, have it look bad, and just say:  “this is fine.  Release this to the world”

Yeah, but it was in glorious color!

40 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Also, how much more do they need to spend over Boston to pull him in over having a starting CF job that he can use to try to get a multi-year/more money after this year? $2M? 3M? Possibly $9-10M for a 4th OF seems pricey for this team. Emphasis on the bolded.

Money talks.. 500,000 more