4/6/23 Giants @ White Sox 1:10 Game Time

wegner

6 minutes ago, T R U said:

Well, they did win a world series with this ownership and front office.

The problem is, its long overdue for a new direction and leadership. The White Sox organization is stale stagnant water, its time to dump it and refresh with new voices and direction.

Yes, this ownership and FO did win a World Series, but that was almost 20 years ago. Since 08, the team has done next to nothing. 

There is no excuse for giving up 13 home runs in a three-game series. Great news about Liam, but by the time he comes back, if he can come back, it won't make much of a difference. 16-6. It wasn't even that close.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

TLR and Leury are both gone. Who do we blame? 

For now it's JR, Hahn, Williams, birthplace, history, luck. We'll have a player or two to blame by May 1st.  

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

For now it's JR, Hahn, Williams, birthplace, history, luck. We'll have a player or two to blame by May 1st.  

Pollock is gone too.  Already has his own two homer game this week for the M's.

Yoan and Jimenez if they keep getting hurt...?

10 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

TLR and Leury are both gone. Who do we blame? 

Who we’ve been blaming from the beginning… the owner of the organization who keeps his cronies employed while they continue to assemble a team of overrated and overpaid players. 

• Like 3

To all those jumping on the 3-4 Sox after 7 games “knowing” that they’re awful or done for the year or whatever…congrats, you’ve done the exact equivalent of writing off an NFL team in the third quarter their first game while they are slightly losing! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

To all those jumping on the 3-4 Sox after 7 games “knowing” that they’re awful or done for the year or whatever…congrats, you’ve done the exact equivalent of writing off an NFL team in the third quarter their first game while they are slightly losing! 

I'd take the Broncos over the Sox right now 

• Like 1

New season but same story.  Poorly constructed bullpen that has no inning eater and apparently nobody that can go back to back days.

Both Lynn and Kopech should have been pulled much earlier then they were and them bullpen was pathetic.

Offense can hit but cannot sustain a rally or hit for power. 

Grifol seems outclassed and not sure what Katz is doing. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, T R U said:

Well, they did win a world series with this ownership and front office.

The problem is, its long overdue for a new direction and leadership. The White Sox organization is stale stagnant water, its time to dump it and refresh with new voices and direction.

2005 was a one year revival of Damn Yankees with Reinsdorf doing the Mambo to get career years out of mostly journeymen ball players.

And 18 years later we are still feeling the pain.

Take away the inherited MJ and the Mambo, Reinsdorf would have been out of sports decades ago.

Edited by GradMc

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I wrote off the Bears after week 2 last year. So we can write the Sox off after game 20 or so this year?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

I wrote off the Bears after week 2 last year. So we can write the Sox off after game 20 or so this year?

I wouldn’t write off a competitive team in a competitive division until game 100. Nobody in their right minds thinks the 2023 white Sox are in a comparable spot to the 2022 bears. Come on. 

11 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Good. Then we won’t have to read your garbage in every game thread.

Apathy is the biggest enemy that Brooks Boyer doesn't have any practical way to counter...he's certainly not a visionary like Bill Veeck who knows/knew how to creatively operate with a shoestring budget.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Yeah, lotta hot takes around here. It’s silly. But such is Soxtalk and the majority of the fanbase as a whole. 

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

3 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I wouldn’t write off a competitive team in a competitive division until game 100. Nobody in their right minds thinks the 2023 white Sox are in a comparable spot to the 2022 bears. Come on. 

How many Bulls' fans think they have any chance in the postseason?

Mavericks' fans would rather enter the draft lottery than the NBA version of the NIT.

12 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Come on, everyone knows the first 7 games are perfectly determinative. That's why the Sox made such a deep playoff run after their 5-2 start last year, and why the 1-5 Phillies will be competing with the Royals and Nats for the top draft pick this year. 

I'm not even sure why they play the other 155, honestly. Give the Rays the WS.

1 minute ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Come on, everyone knows the first 7 games are perfectly determinative. That's why the Sox made such a deep playoff run after their 5-2 start last year, and why the 1-5 Phillies will be competing with the Royals and Nats for the top draft pick this year. 

I'm not even sure why they play the other 155, honestly. Give the Rays the WS.

Sox fans typically decide on their team's chances in April...if they don't start out or at least over .500, it's a much tougher sell in May and June.

Luckily I missed this one....only saw score updates....on to the box score to see who got shelled

Ok i just checked and I'm sorry but Hanser is not very effective out of the bullpen

Edited by wegner

Of course, no one in their right mind would write off a team after seven games. But this team has no closer, already a key player is hurt, and their starting pitchers are lucky to get into the sixth inning. And giving up 28 runs in two losses two days apart will make any fan think. 

The bullpen just looks awful. And since the days of the complete game are long gone, the bullpen becomes more important. After all, now a bullpen is expected to pitch at least a third of the season. Things just don't look good.

In the next 155 games, the team has plenty of time to turn things around. I just have big doubts that they will. Kopech has been over-hyped from the start, and Lance Lynn looks like he's fooling no one other than himself. Looks like that bullpen will get a lot more work.

• Like 3