Lenyn Sosa Called Up // Anderson out 2-4 weeks

DirtySox

3 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

For 10 days Hanser, Burger and Romy can hold down the infield if Tim or Moncada are out or day to day.

They need another outfielder.

This feels like Andrus or Hanser should be gone after this or the injury is much longer.

I'm not sure how this increases the need for an outfielder.  Romy is the 4th OF today as he was opening day.  Not having to substitute for defense in the late innings, really helps.
Can Burger play an acceptable 3B?  That would help.  And he's another one who could get in better shape.

4 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I'm not sure how this increases the need for an outfielder.  Romy is the 4th OF today as he was opening day.  Not having to substitute for defense in the late innings, really helps.
Can Burger play an acceptable 3B?  That would help.  And he's another one who could get in better shape.

He really can't.

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Hanser inherited Leury’s voodoo doll I see…

Yeah, pretty brutal.  A Hanser misplay caused by a Moncada ouchie resulted in this.  Hanser actually messed up twice on the play - first by not just throwing it to 2B for the tailor made DP, but then by cutting off Elvis throw for some stupid reason.   It really was a pretty simple play - he does either of those two things right and TA isn't hurt.  Definitely adds to the sting for me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

Can you ever stop being a dick?  It's ridiculous.

Jake Burger is an awful defender.  Its pretty obvious to anyone that pay one iota of attention.  Its like asking if the sky is blue.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Jake Burger is an awful defender.  Its pretty simple.  Its like asking if the sky is blue.  

He actually finished the play yesterday on that throw from Romy to help keep the lead...he looked quite awkward doing it and getting bowled over by the runner but he did make the play.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

He actually finished the play yesterday on that throw from Romy to help keep the lead...he looked quite awkward doing it and getting bowled over by the runner but he did make the play.

Yeah, I was referring to 3B, which was the question (for some reason). There is a reason he hardly played any 3B in ST, in his short stint in AAA or in SSS so far with the Sox in 23.  His days at 3B might be down to nothing more than emergencies, but I guess we'll find out next couple days if Moncada is sitting rest of the series.  

That reason is Burger looked wholly unplayable at 3B in the bigs last year.  That said, I actually think he could be the best defensive 1B on the roster with a little more PT there.  But low bar to clear, unfortunately.  

Edited by ChiSox59

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah, I was referring to 3B, which was the question (for some reason). There is a reason he hardly played any 3B in ST, in his short stint in AAA or in SSS so far with the Sox in 23.  His days at 3B might be down to nothing more than emergencies, but I guess we'll find out next couple days if Moncada is sitting rest of the series.  

That reason is Burger looked wholly unplayable at 3B in the bigs last year.  That said, I actually think he could be the best defensive 1B on the roster with a little more PT there.  But low bar to clear, unfortunately.  

My misunderstanding, sorry.  I actually would like Pedro to reward that nice defensive play by starting Romy at 2B and Burger at 1B tonight.  I'd also like Sosa to get some regular at bats to see if his hot start can translate to the big club, so give Lenyn the start at 3B tonight.

But since Pedro loves Hanser and he hit that 3 run blast last night, I'm pretty sure he will start in spite of his shitty defense yesterday.

Edited by wegner

31 minutes ago, fathom said:

This core is exhausting 

and Hahn kept the "core" together and let the one guy who plays thru anything walk.  You can't make this s%*# up.  It's almost impressive how many bad decisions he's made.  It's like he's trying to trump himself.  You think that decsion was bad......wait until you see this one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1

• bmags changed the title to Lenyn Sosa Called Up // Anderson out 2-4 weeks