White Sox at Rays, 4/22/23, 3:05 pm, Fox TV.

Balta1701

30 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

“You guys always hear from the most negative fans,” he said. “The fans I talk to never come up to me and say, ‘Rick, this is the start of just the same stuff as last year.’

“They seem to seek you guys out in the comments sections. Imagine that.”

- Rick Hahn a few days ago. 

He should head on down to the ticket sales office and ask what the now former season ticket holders told the reps over the offseason.  I'm guessing they haven't sold a lot of packages since the season started also.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Cubs Cards Brewers on the other side of the ledger with unusual fan bases... Brewers with built-in advantages provided by Selig family/commissioner's office. 

These three teams also field successful baseball teams with intelligent front offices and quality player development and coaching.

Chicago - Milwaukee - Saint Louis MLB Standings (Hahn Era 2013 - 2022)

1. Saint Louis Cardinals 848-668 .559 - [Payroll $144.4M (10 MLB); Attendance 2.963M (2 MLB)] 2013 NL
  2. Chicago Cubs 789-729 .520 - [Payroll $152.9M (6 MLB); Attendance 2.556M (5 MLB)] 2016 WS
  3. Milwaukee Brewers 778-741 .512 - [Payroll $95.2M (25 MLB); Attendance 2.277M (9 MLB)]
  4. Chicago White Sox 700-817 .461 - [Payroll $115.2M (18 MLB); Attendance 1.735M (23 MLB)]

The White Sox played and drew well through most of the Ron Schuler and Kenny Williams seasons. 

1 hour ago, Pale Sox said:

I wish you guys weren’t all so negative. Most sox fans I talk to are upbeat and positive about the team. Seems all the negative ones flock to a message board. Imagine that. 

So in other words you’re having imaginary conversations and are completely full of s%*#?  Yet here you are flocking to a message board to troll fans.  

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

So in other words you’re having imaginary conversations and are completely full of s%*#?  Yet here you are flocking to a message board to troll fans.  

My wife is pretty sure most of my conversations on this board are imaginary.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Look a few posts after the one you quoted of mine, dipshit. 

Edited by Pale Sox
Added dipshit
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Pale Sox said:

I wish you guys weren’t all so negative. Most sox fans I talk to are upbeat and positive about the team. Seems all the negative ones flock to a message board. Imagine that. 

keep going to games, no seriously. just keep giving them your money. that'll shake things up. 

4 hours ago, chw42 said:

I wonder what kind of voodoo magic the Tampa Bay front office has come up with. Cause this Rays team ended last season terribly. Now they look nearly unbeatable.

they're good because they know how to spend money.

meanwhile Hahn is paying multiple contracts 10s of millions of dollars to play for other teams or to retire because he's the worst GM in all of major league baseball. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

they're good because they know how to spend money.

meanwhile Hahn is paying multiple contracts 10s of millions of dollars to play for other teams or to retire because he's the worst GM in all of major league baseball. 

I don’t think the Rays spend money 

12 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

they spend money on s%*# that matters, that isn't the same as spending hundreds of millions on free agents

Their highest paid, 3rd highest paid, and 7th highest paid players are currently on the IL.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

With the caveat that the manager can only effect winning and losing so much: Pedro is dogshit. He's part of the problem not the solution. Batting Andrus leadoff and Zavala 9th is some peak Ozzie non sense.

It was never a good idea to hire a manager from a losing organization, that has been passed over for manager at the losing organization.

6 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

That's what a great front office does in the last 15 years when they have one of the lowest payrolls in baseball every year and actually have to be smart in their FO decisions. Is there any good coach/manager in the Rays organization that could have been recruited instead of Pedro? 

5 hours ago, Pale Sox said:

I hate being such a negative fan. It sucks. My problem is I need to stop watching the sport I've grown to hate for so many reasons. If I can't enjoy the games I need to divorce myself from new baseball. My disdain started with the tanking which I figured wouldn't work and didn't. I need to work on being more positive or finally leave the game for good. Sorry some of us are so down.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, JoshPR said:

GRIFOL SHOWING WHY NO ONE ELSE WANTED HIM

Think Sox should consider firing Pedro if the current disaster continues.  Bring Girardi in from the Cubs booth or any other former manager of a winning organization except TLR.  Maybe even Ozzie who would be better than Pedro.

• Hawk 1