Crush me now(2023) or Crush me later (2022)

Texsox

Crush me now (2023) or Crush me later (2022)  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is no hope in April better than hope that gets crushed by June?

• I'll take hope now and crushed later
    • Let me know now this team sucks

It's not even May and we know there won't be any post season play. The "window" was in reality a watercolor painting running with the tears of Sox fans down the brick wall of a condemned building. 

I just moved $1000 in my summer vacation budget from Sox games to Lake Michigan fishing. Anyone have a recommendation on a good charter captain? I may want to go out of Kenosha. 

8 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

As much as I’m disappointed and down on this team, I won’t give up this early. 

I’m continually amazed at this team’s ability to come out of the gate slow and diminish any possible fan enthusiasm. 

*Jerry Reinsdorf liked this*

We're playing right into their hands, holding on to the false hope that they give us every year that MAYBE they'll get healthy and put it all together. We keep coming back for more and they keep shoveling more of the same crap at us - and we take it.

Sox fans have an abusive relationship with ownership and management, and we can't break ourselves from it.

15 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

As much as I’m disappointed and down on this team, I won’t give up this early. 

I’m continually amazed at this team’s ability to come out of the gate slow and diminish any possible fan enthusiasm. 

I truly envy you. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I just moved $1000 in my summer vacation budget from Sox games to Lake Michigan fishing. Anyone have a recommendation on a good charter captain? I may want to go out of Kenosha. 

Wait on that. Keep your eyes peeled for a “White Sox bullpen relief fund” on gofundme from user “Not Rick Hahn”

• Haha 2

I don't really need to choose due to a little trick I put in the back of my mind....it is not unrealistic to make up 1 game a week on the division leaders and so this early in the season the Sox could be 22 games back and still in it making up 1 game a week....so they really are ahead of the game.  I realize this requires a memory dump of how awful they have been so far and just general unreasonableness but sometimes you just have to dream.

• Like 1

The opening day win in Houston was the slightest glimmer of hope.  Since then they have reminded me who they are, and the many reasons I believed they would be much worse this year.  Having zero expectations coming in, it’s nice that they did nothing to string along false hope of contending.  Now I can pay less attention to them as they sink lower towards the bottom.  Or at least I can expand far less emotional energy on their sorry asses and enjoy a summer’s worth of out of town baseball without caring how bad the home team is.  They pulled off the bandaid early, and for that, I am grateful. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

It's not even May and we know there won't be any post season play. The "window" was in reality a watercolor painting running with the tears of Sox fans down the brick wall of a condemned building. 

Good for you! That sounds like money well spent and not being wasted away frustrating yourself. 

1 hour ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

*Jerry Reinsdorf liked this*

We're playing right into their hands, holding on to the false hope that they give us every year that MAYBE they'll get healthy and put it all together. We keep coming back for more and they keep shoveling more of the same crap at us - and we take it.

Sox fans have an abusive relationship with ownership and management, and we can't break ourselves from it.

To be fair, all I do I check in on most games on my free TMobile provide MLB.com package. If it’s a good game, I stick around. If not, I check out.

I’m not a local anymore, so I don’t spend a dime on the team.

3 hours ago, Texsox said:

I moved a $1000 of my summer Sox budget to New York where I'll go to watch a Sox game at Yankee stadium in June instead of forking my money over to Jerry.

I cancelled my 20 game plan this year and plan on spending the rest of my summer Sox budget in other cities taking in the sights and a Sox game where the beers will be cheaper and I'll take public transportation to a game instead of spending $40 to park my car.

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, coldwatersox said:

Let's keep the boys ready and rested for the post season.

Exactly. Music videos, gaming, fall colors, and golf is tiring. They need to be rested for October. 

• Haha 1