Reinsdorf Quotes

Buehrle>Wood

3 hours ago, T R U said:

Remember, this is the guy that sits in the owners meetings wondering how some of these other schmucks got teams. As if he is the pinnacle of successful ownership.

He claims when other owners spend on big deals for players, he has to follow suit. Except, he never has. they're the dumb ones though, winning in the  playoffs, while his teams don't, to a historically bad level of don't

• Like 4

4 hours ago, T R U said:

Hes not wrong, sometimes you can finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th and it doesn't mean it was a bad season. This of course, does not apply to his team that is supposed to be in its contention window. Finishing 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in this division is embarrassing for what this team was supposed to be.

We already knew that's how he felt anyways. Again, its not about the money its about winning. Well if its about winning finishing 2nd, 3rd, or 4th will never be anything other than a bad season with those expectations.

Seems like it might perfectly apply to the AL East this year... a real/genuine division if ever there was one. 

1 hour ago, Snopek said:

Jerry’s gotta be proud of this one. Nothing like making this very important announcement after the Cards just finished up a 2-8 road trip

Thought it was going to be an Anheuser Busch influencer... probably not the wisest move unless decreasing sales by more than 27% was the goal. 

Everything he said is 1981 thinking, kept saying batting average over and over. His snarky attitude towards fans is just like his management team even though the whole regime results have been abysmal! The day he is no longer owner my Dad and I are going to celebrate! Sox fans are officially in baseball hell as long as he is the owner!

Edited by Soxfest
  • Thanks 1

Final thoughts on Reinsdorf's quotes.

1. Over 40 years of baseball ineptitude has proved your teams do well financially but not on the field. Not even talking 2nd-4th across The MLB, just across a pathetic 5 team division. Jerry's teams primary finish between 2nd and 4th, with as many last place finishes as division winners, all but one of the six not advancing in the playoffs.

Current GM Years in Bold, current season TBD.

Overall Reinsdorf Era:

1. (12) 2nd Place
  2. (11) 3rd Place
  3. (7) 4th Place
  4. (6) 1st Place
  5. (5) 5th Place
  6. (1) 7th Place

7 Team AL West Era: 

1. (2) 1st Place (1983, 1993)
  2. (2) 2nd Place (1990, 1991)
  3. (4) 3rd Place (1981, 1982, 1985, 1992)
  4. (4) 5th Place (1984, 1986, 1987, 1988)
  5. (1) 7th Place (1989)

5 Team AL Central Era:

1. (4) 1st Place (2000, 2005, 2008, 2021)
  2. (10) 2nd Place (1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2012, 2022)
  3. (7) 3rd Place (1995, 2001, 2006, 2009, 2011, 20192020)
  4. (7) 4th Place (2007, 20142015201620172018, 2023)
  5. (1) 5th Place (2013)

2. News flash Jerry, you are the "dumbest competitor".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

The odd thing about that forum is that Rachel Nichols is a pretty good get as is Reisndorf.  The other three don't seem to have the tenure to be on a panel with him.  It's such an odd thing from a guy that has pretty much been MIA for the last ten years it seems.

Wasn't it all the way out in Cali?

Business interests there...?

Go root for the Cubs and suck up to the Ricketts because you know, the way they poured profit off day traders and raised ticket prices to fund their stadium and sports network is so much different than what Sox ownership has done to their fans over the years. JR pointed out that MLB is a sport and a business and frankly, it is increasingly becoming more of the latter, especially with the infusion of gambling. Back to the Ricketts... fvk them.

While I shook my head at most of what he said, all those rumors about him walking around not knowing what day it was were proven false. He's still sharp. Whether his heart is truly in it we don't know. I don't wish him ill health. I'm happy he's healthy.  I do wish he would sell the team.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

It’s pretty funny that in the same statement he called them all his partners in this business and also the dumbest motherfuckers he knows 

In JR's mind they are only dumb because they ignore successful business models for making money ( JR's way) and spend money like crazy to win. Any time JR talks about winning being so important is all BS compared to the way other owners "put up" the cash to back up how important winning is.

Message for JR: Put up or shut up.