5/22 White Sox @ Guardians. First pitch at 5:10. Lambert vs. Gaddis

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Now Santos gets multi-innings of garbage time. Crochet, the guy who wants to be a starter, gets .2 of an inning, high-leverage, every time out coming back from TJS. This organization is absolutely pathetic.

I truly don’t think they believe Crochet can be a starter.  It makes the draft pick even more infuriating.

Grandal responsible for all 3 runs, imho. Tried to backhand a pitch that even a below average catcher shifts and blocks easily. Then, after Zinino is woefully late on 2 fastballs, he calls nothing but breaking stuff until the count goes full.  Then surprise, he hits the sinker for a home run. This stiff can't end his Sox career soon enough for me. Wasted 5 years and almost $70 million. Yeesh. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I truly don’t think they believe Crochet can be a starter.  It makes the draft pick even more infuriating.

Exactly. They punted the entire 2020 draft for a reliever and Kelley, who will be lucky to be a reliever in the bigs. With his control/command issues, he's close to joining Dalquist on the scrap heap.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Exactly. They punted the entire 2020 draft for a reliever and Kelley, who will be lucky to be a reliever in the bigs. With his control/command issues, he's close to joining Dalquist on the scrap heap.

That draft looked amazing on paper. Then reality set in that if the Sox are high on a guy in the draft he probably sucks.

10 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Grif, like most managers, plays the percentages by bringing in Santos. The problem is our relief crew often times finds it necessary to give up a homer to the first hitter they face. Same old story 

Over managing does not work all the time.  Santos is not one of our better relievers.