5/22 White Sox @ Guardians. First pitch at 5:10. Lambert vs. Gaddis

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

That draft looked amazing on paper. Then reality set in that if the Sox are high on a guy in the draft he probably sucks.

Yep, lesson learned. If they like a guy, they should not draft or sign him. In FA if they feel uncomfortable signing a guy, they need to bring the Brinks truck. They are legit clueless. 

11 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Tim batting first has been pretty successful or have you forgotten? So he is slumping he can turn it around 

Tim hasn't hit since last June. At some point, you have to be willing to try something else in the lineup. Well, I should say, a manager with a grasp on his team and the basics, would.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Grif, like most managers, plays the percentages by bringing in Santos. The problem is our relief crew often times finds it necessary to give up a homer to the first hitter they face. Same old story 

Pedro really didn’t though rhb hitting over .300 against Santos.

Edited by Soxfest

1 hour ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Yep, I’ve seen nothing from Scholtens that suggests he can get legit hitters out even semi regularly and Gaddis has shown nothing in his career or tonight and Sox haven’t even really threatened.

Thankfully for Scholtens, he plays in the AL Central and has more juicy matchups coming up.

40 minutes ago, fathom said:

Can’t wait for Grandal to be off this team

Welcome to my 2019 Thanksgiving Day.

30 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

God, I hate the way Grifol is using Crochet. 

This is either Hahn's plan or Hahn and Grifol's joint plan.

6 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Pedro really didn’t though rhb hitting over .300 against Santos.

Pedro is not a good manager.  Rentería has been our best manager in the last 10 years and we let him go. Ventura, TLR and Grifol have been major disappointments.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

41 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It’s the lake that caught fire around there .

Cuyahoga...Cleveland just destroys the White Sox in advance scouting...basically, ANY type of scouting.

They probably know more about the White Sox tendencies than Daryl Boston being around the team everyday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Indians aren't much better. 

Balta will come after you, watch out...are we now down to just the Chiefs, Braves and Seminoles?

Utah changed from Runnin' Utes, right?

Edited by caulfield12
  • Hawk 1

1 minute ago, Joshua Strong said:

Very glad Grifol went with an opener. I hope it’s becomes something we see more often. 

That's all fine and good, but Scholtens is going to get destroyed at some point by the better offenses.

And while that works well for the Rays or Dodgers with their pitching depth, almost none of the relievers on our current major league team are the types to go 2-3+ innings.  You could try it with Lambert, MIddleton or Santos, but the results would be mixed at best.

AA/AAA are virtually barren wastelands.