GT 6/10: MIA @ SOX, 1:10 pm CT, NBCSC, MLBN

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

8th time this year the Sox led in the 7th inning or later...and lost.

3rd time out of those eight games they lost the lead in the 9th inning.

Kelly has been directly responsible for three of those eight blown games that were lost.

Kelly is fine in a 7th or maybe 8th inning lead, but no way in hell in crunch time in the 9th inning. That takes real men with mental toughness, determination and supreme effort. These are traits Kelly obviously does not have!

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I did not really like Pedro going out of his way on the postgame yesterday saying how tough the plays at the plate were that TA didn't make. Stop coddling him.

This organization has been coddling most of these players since they got here. It's why they are the way they are. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Kelly not being a closer and being afraid to throw fastballs and going to changes and knuckle curves... 

Again, another managerial mistake handling the bullpen by our rookie POS manager Grifol! No way in hell should Kelly have been the closer!

• Like 1

"But this collapse was a failure in all three phases. Kelly, for his control. Anderson, for his defense. And the offense, for producing just one run on an Andrew Vaughn solo homer." - Rob Schaefer Chicago Sun-Times. Miami Marlins v Chicago White Sox

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

"But this collapse was a failure in all three phases. Kelly, for his control. Anderson, for his defense. And the offense, for producing just one run on an Andrew Vaughn solo homer." - Rob Schaefer Chicago Sun-Times. Miami Marlins v Chicago White Sox

On the left side of the field, between Bennitendi, Anderson and Yoan, you have three homers. That says a lot.

• Fire 1

26 minutes ago, Highland said:

On the left side of the field, between Bennitendi, Anderson and Yoan, you have three homers. That says a lot.

To think, one of the biggest complaints was Vaughn's lack of power. 

Not to mention with the aforementioned Big 3 that Sheets and Eloy aren't exactly setting the world on fire when they are in there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Colas was pulled early from the Knights game today. Maybe coming up if Eloy needs an IL stint after all?

Not sure I love the move if so.

Sox need Eloy's bat and are screwed if he is out for any extended period. He has been a difference maker in the past few series.

1 hour ago, tray said:

Sox need Eloy's bat and are screwed if he is out for any extended period. He has been a difference maker in the past few series.

The Sox actually have a losing record when Eloy plays and a winning record when he does not during his career. The Sox winning percentage is 84 points higher without Eloy in 2023, and 31 points higher throughout his time with the White Sox.

#DefenseMatters

White Sox Results When Eloy Plays: .492 175-181 

• 2019: .426 52-70
  • 2020: .618 34-21
  • 2021: .564 31-24
  • 2022: .512 43-41
  • 2023: .400 14-21
  • Postseason: .200 1-4 (Game 3 2020 & All Four Games in 2021)

White Sox Results When Eloy Does Not Play: .523 137-125

• 2019: .513 20-19 (72-89)
  • 2020: .200 1-4 (35-25)
  • 2021: .579 62-45 (93-69)
  • 2022: .487 38-40 (81-81)
  • 2023: .484 15-16 (29-37)
  • Postseason: .500 1-1 (2020 Games 1 & 2)

• Like 1

Darn. I think the fans' boos said it all. Disappointing finish there.

I'm gonna be so discouraged/mad if Sox let that one ridiculous loss become 2, 3, 4. It happened, Sox. Get mad and don't let this horrific loss send u into a tailspin.

Stuff happens. Timmy closed his glove and muffed it. Stuff happens. I won't even comment on the relief. It was one of those disastrous endings.

Knowing my Sox they will let that demoralize them. They shouldn't.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, hankchifan said:

It’s hard to win 1-0.  Every reliever has to be perfect.

True. The Sox bullpen does still stink in the overall scheme of things. If not stink I'd say it is HIGHLY unreliable. Woulda been interesting to see what woulda happened if Tim had gotten the force at home. Sox still can win division if bullpen is a 5 out of 10 on the rating scale. 3 or 4 and it'll be tough.

Edited by greg775

11 hours ago, tray said:

Sox do not have a legit Closer...and that includes Liam since he came back throwing 93 mph fastballs. Just going to have to try different relievers back there until one stands out over the others.

Liam is throwing harder than 93 but it takes time, especially for someone who went through many rounds of chemo, I’m shocked he is pitching now at all. But one of these days he will come in and look like he’s looked the last couple of seasons. Then they will use him the next day and he will be the same. Then he will be all the way back.

• Like 1

For Colas, the power at his age is not as important as the pitch recognition and having quality ML at bats.

Can he make the adjustments to ML pitching and lay off the down and away pitches that he flailed at and struck out constantly?

Then, can he adjust again when pitchers change their approach again?

Also, Colas should be a much better fielder than what he showed in April. If he can have a .700 OPS with average defense the final four months, and improve his walk and K rates, this would be a big help to the team and his development.

Colas needs to play everyday vs. RHS if he is promoted, with selective games vs. LHS.

• Quin locked this topic
  • Capn12 unpinned this topic