Grifol: 'If you don't like the lineups, talk to Jerry.'

joejoesox

18 minutes ago, YonderLaroche said:

Seems like management don't like burger had him in AAA to start the season.  Dump Anderson and moncada move on. 

Burger is 27 and has only played 120 games. He still has a lot to learn, batting him lower takes some pressure off while he is adjusting to pitchers adjustments of nothing but down and away pitches he needs to lay off.

I’d rather see him bat 6th or 7th based on the dearth of quality players, but that’s just quibbling. If the writer watched some of those terrible at bats Jake had flailing at balls far beyond the strike zone this weekend, he’d have the answer as to why Jake Burger is batting in the bottom third of the lineup.

You had Robert, Eloy and others also with bad approaches, but they’ve been here for years and you can’t bat everyone in the 7-9 holes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I interpret5 it as if you don't like how I do things complain to Jerry.

This is absolutely hilarious that Pedro even suggested talking to Jerry. 

The irony is Jerry is so removed and uncaring about this team...so what would be the point in wasting time even talking to POS Jerry. 

This organization just keeps finding new ways to become even more dysfunctional and unlikeable. 

• Fire 1

I wouldn’t put it past Jerry to tell them Anderson must bat leadoff, and probably got his advice from TLR. Jerry is a Grade-A egotistical asshole that thinks he knows what he’s doing despite never actually winning anything outside of lucking into MJ and having the stars align in 2005.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

3 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Kenny Williams is not making lineup suggestions.  He mailed it in years ago. 

For the love of God fire Grifol and bring back Ozzie, can't be any worse. 

Hmmm knowing Kenny I wouldn't be so sure bout that...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoshPR said:

Hmmm knowing Kenny I wouldn't be so sure bout that...

Kenny Williams has been part of this organization for over 30 years.  If he still cared about it we would know.  This entire debacle comes down to Williams handing the keys to Hahn and Hahn driving the bus off a cliff.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Kenny Williams has been part of this organization for over 30 years.  If he still cared about it we would know.  This entire debacle comes down to Williams handing the keys to Hahn and Hahn driving the bus off a cliff.   

That too. I just can't stand Kenny

8 hours ago, joejoesox said:

What was up with this comment?

WTF? Is Hahn his boss or Reinsdorf? 

I don’t know who the boss is, but why would they direct questions to JR when Hahn is the GM? Or is he asking for roster moves privately and not getting what he wants and he’s directing his frustration to JR? His comment doesn’t make sense.

• Like 1

Alternate take (not saying I’m right):

Right now Pedro is like “I can’t believe how F’d up this organization is.  What did I get myself into?!?!  You don’t like it, talk to the Morons above me!!!”

I don’t know about all of you, but I’ve been there in a job.  Maybe someday we’ll know.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I interpret5 it as if you don't like how I do things complain to Jerry.

This is exactly my take on it too. Grifol was probably tired of being questioned about his lineups so told them to complain to the boss man 

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

52 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

This is exactly my take on it too. Grifol was probably tired of being questioned about his lineups so told them to complain to the boss man 

If that's true he's got more guts than I give him credit for.

But I seriously doubt that was his intent. 

57 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Let’s just stress how painfully inadequate this would be also.

If he’s going to lead a losing team, he is going to get tough questions about losing. If he’s going to make lineup choices that are hard to follow, he’s going to get asked tough questions about them. If “go complain to Reinsdorf about my lineups” is the best answer he’s got, he should just resign, because that’s pretty far from accountability or from owning his decisions. 

• Like 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

If he’s going to lead a losing team, he is going to get tough questions about losing. If he’s going to make lineup choices that are hard to follow, he’s going to get asked tough questions about them. If “go complain to Reinsdorf about my lineups” is the best answer he’s got, he should just resign, because that’s pretty far from accountability or from owning his decisions. 

But...but...but “Accountability around here is not a problem.”- Kenny Williams 4/25/23 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

While it is a manager's job to address the media daily, and it's best for him here and beyond to handle this job professionally, I took this more as a dig at Hahn, who he is likely having disagreements with about the roster, lineup, injuries, etc.. He's basically saying there is not much between him and the owner, in terms of accountability and or ability, despite two official layers in between.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

“The buck stops over there with the guy who doesn’t do interviews.”

It's the Jerry insular mentality. Not sure if Hahn or anyone besides managers, coaches and players perform interviews, even on their flagship. They all ducked SoxFest.

Sure Ricketts got booed, but at least he'll take the time to speak at their gathering and in interviews. Theo and Jed were always candid, open and respectful in their media appearances, not smug and arrogant and these three have acted for decades. No "meet me at the parade" snide comments.

I don't see Ricketts calling his former employees scum in a postseason locker room, telling an interviewer "You're not going to get a bite out of this apple again" and dumping a radio outlet because he disliked a single respectful question.

23 hours ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Don't get me wrong, Grifol should be fired but there isn't a manager that could win with these players.

I can’t stand these players and the talent isn’t there but I decent manager could have them close to .500.  Not over since their ceiling is .500.

Edited by FloydBannister1983
Spelling

20 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Burger is 27 and has only played 120 games. He still has a lot to learn, batting him lower takes some pressure off while he is adjusting to pitchers adjustments of nothing but down and away pitches he needs to lay off.

I’d rather see him bat 6th or 7th based on the dearth of quality players, but that’s just quibbling. If the writer watched some of those terrible at bats Jake had flailing at balls far beyond the strike zone this weekend, he’d have the answer as to why Jake Burger is batting in the bottom third of the lineup.

You had Robert, Eloy and others also with bad approaches, but they’ve been here for years and you can’t bat everyone in the 7-9 holes.

Yep.  Burger looks like a bottom of the order guy right now.  He makes some really hard contact and is dangerous but his approach is beyond horrendous and he has been absolutely dreadful in June.  If you don't hang a breaking ball to him he has zero chance right now. 

Edited by whitesoxfan99
  • Thanks 1