Sox v Rangers Game Thread

bmags

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

I can’t wrap my head around only being 4 1/2 games out of first.  It’s ridiculous. 

If Zach Remillard keeps getting game winning hits, this team becomes a lot more likeable 

• Like 5
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

This was one of the best managed game by Pedro this season.

Tony never challenges the play at home for both safe out and blocking. Likely doesn’t understand the rule.

Tony NEVER inserts either Luis Robert Jr. or Tim Anderson after “their promised day off”.

But to the Bridgeport crowd and Bob Nightengale, Tony should get a second plaque in Cooperstown.

Cease gave another gutsy outing with 6 innings, 101 pitches, 2 ER, 2 BB and 9 K's

Too bad the bullpen couldn't hold the lead for Dylan. What is up with Middleton and Santos all of sudden? They were two our most consistent relievers and the last few outings they have struggled.   

Zach Remillard with yet another awesome game and total stud wining RBI. You just have to love his story and be pulling for him to keep this up and be the regular 2B. 

Thank god we finally get a call ruled in our favor from New York!

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, White Sox Park said:

As an old guy, I really dislike how much the game has changed, so that I barely recognize it anymore, but hey, we won so all is well.

The rule sucks. Seems like if it were called correctly its somewhat reasonable, but there have been so many horse s%*# calls that are clearly contrary to the best competitive spirit or interest of the game. I don’t think your age has anything to do with it. No way that should be an illegal play. They wouldn’t have called that in little league

2 hours ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

The rule sucks. Seems like if it were called correctly its somewhat reasonable, but there have been so many horse s%*# calls that are clearly contrary to the best competitive spirit or interest of the game. I don’t think your age has anything to do with it. No way that should be an illegal play. They wouldn’t have called that in little league

We can thank Buster Posey and Rob Manfred for having no spine.  People get hurt playing ball, get over it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Cease gave another gutsy outing with 6 innings, 101 pitches, 2 ER, 2 BB and 9 K's

Too bad the bullpen couldn't hold the lead for Dylan. What is up with Middleton and Santos all of sudden? They were two our most consistent relievers and the last few outings they have struggled.   

I'll give you Middleton. It was a rare bad outing for him, but Santos got five outs, the first three in a very tough situation, and then got into trouble with 2 singles, one that didn't leave the infield. Bummer's the one who couldn't get his man.  For a young guy who had struggled in the majors with the Giants, Santos has been very good.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If that call went against the White Sox, I'd be pissed. But I love it today, even though, it's pretty bad. And he wasn't even blocking the plate.

100% agree....it was a great call. The Sox were destined to win that game...Bochy needs to stop complaining and try to figure out how to stop Zach Remillard

48 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I'll give you Middleton. It was a rare bad outing for him, but Santos got five outs, the first three in a very tough situation, and then got into trouble with 2 singles, one that didn't leave the infield. Bummer's the one who couldn't get his man.  For a young guy who had struggled in the majors with the Giants, Santos has been very good.

Yep, I was going to post the same, but then I forgot to ever reply...blame the inept Bummer.

The most perplexing thing about this game was thinking if the lead was never given up, was Bummer coming in for the 9th.

Why he didn't start the 7th with 3 of 4 hitters lefties was ok if they were not trusting him but ot bring him in for the 8th and that spot.....ugh.

Why not walk Seager and have Santos face Jung who was having a bad night.

They are completely guessing on how to use the bullpen on a nightly basis.

Tonight it will be the new guy, Lopez and Kelly.  Texas works the count very well so even if Kopech is on he will only go 5+