7/1 - Chicago White Sox @ Oakland Athletics - 3:07 PM CDT. TV: NBCSCH; Radio WMVP 1000 AM

Fire Pedro before this train wreck leaves the west coast. I never thought I'd say this but bring in Ozzie.  What do you have to lose? If not Ozzie, someone. The FO can't just sit on its hands and watch this team completely implode. Doing nothing is just giving up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JoeC said:

At the Coliseum today.

I've been to fuller A-ball parking lots.

Attendance 9,235.

Hoping the Sox draw under that next season after Jerry continues the road to dragging payroll under $120M, perhaps under $100M within the next few years.

• Thanks 1

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Attendance 9,235.

Hoping the Sox draw under that next season after Jerry continues the road to dragging payroll under $120M, perhaps under $100M within the next few years.

He go mack to the old saying "show up and I'll make the team better".

6 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Law of averages when u swing at every pitch. And i am a Burger fan saying this. He's prolly my fave player in a Sox era where I have no real favorite on this team.

53 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Burger hasn't had a hit in weeks, and they burn Vaughn with an 0-2 count pinch runner.

This is another Rick Hahn disaster.

Pedro loves to pinch run late and this comes back to haunt us again.  Vaughn at first makes a quicker throw home in the10 th.  We are not a small ball team and pinch runners are not being making a great difference.  Taking out Eloy and Vaughn two of our better hitters out in a close game late was not wise.  Managers have been fired for less than Grifols screwups.  Grifol and Hahn should be accountable for this embarrassment and shown the door ASAP.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Highland said:

Fire Pedro before this train wreck leaves the west coast. I never thought I'd say this but bring in Ozzie.  What do you have to lose? If not Ozzie, someone. The FO can't just sit on its hands and watch this team completely implode. Doing nothing is just giving up.

Oh yes they can. Still making a boatload of money and tickets for the rest of the year have already been sold and the money is in the bank as well as the TV revenue.  

16 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

I take Yoan over Burger and Andrus any day, any time.

Yoan bothers me as a fan. Something missing IMO. He is a pretty darn good fielder though. But highly highly expendable. I'd get rid of him as the first piece to go before the all star break if anybody wants him. Ship him to the Cubs, get Madrigal back and 2 pitching prospects. Or send him to the Braves for prospects. Or Yankees or Mets.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

We can still win the division. Tomorrow is a new day and a new game

Best fan I've ever witnessed is elrockinMT. i know it's just a game but the Sox sometimes make it difficult for some of us fans to enjoy or even tolerate them.

• Like 1

Just now, greg775 said:

Yoan bothers me as a fan. Something missing IMO. He is a pretty darn good fielder though. But highly highly expendable. I'd get rid of him as the first piece to go before the all star break if anybody wants him. Ship him to the Cubs, get Madrigal back and 2 pitching prospects. Or send him to the Braves for prospects. Or Yankees or Mets.

According to White Sox.com today Yoan is now not expected back until August.

The Sox are stuck with him. 

45 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Back to last half inning. Sox HAVE to get Burger out of the lineup. He’s an automatic out. If you figure in today, he’s batting under .100 for his last 15 games. Replace him with anybody . . Any  body.

Half the people saying Burger is 2nd best hitter on the team, half saying sit the bum. What is it?

11 minutes ago, JoeC said:

At the Coliseum today.

I've been to fuller A-ball parking lots.

When I was a kid I couldn't wait to listen to all the pregame & post game radio shows and tune in to each game.  Double headers were always a dream come true.  The drama of rain delays before or after it was an official game.  Nancy Faust pounding the organ at old Comiskey. 

And now just about as low as it gets as a diehard fan.  This team absolutely sucks in every aspect of baseball.  The worst part is I can't rid myself of this.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, SoxFest23 said:

Half the people saying Burger is 2nd best hitter on the team, half saying sit the bum. What is it?

Both.

The problem is Sheets Grandal Anderson and Andrus also need to go, too.

Season wise, Burger and Benintendi are both pretty close statistically, but Andrew one of the best hitters over the last month and Burger one of the worst.