7/1 - Chicago White Sox @ Oakland Athletics - 3:07 PM CDT. TV: NBCSCH; Radio WMVP 1000 AM

54 minutes ago, Dan Pasqua said:

This forum needs a drunk poster.  Why does it seem everyone is sober?  

Nah... I think you have to be drunk to watch this s%*#....

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol…the entire organization should be embarrassed:

I have a hard time thinking they really give a damn. If they did heads would have rolled a long time ago.

Remember as long as they are making money the owner is happy and everyone just pays lip service to "winning" to appease the media/fans. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoxFest23 said:

Half the people saying Burger is 2nd best hitter on the team, half saying sit the bum. What is it?

I guess his approach caught up with him. Don't know how he's gonna make it swinging at every pitch. When he connects though, BOOM. Not sure what u can do. I'm assuming none of these all or nothing hitters can be coached. They have their swing angle down pat and it's either a homer or K. Of course if u swing at every pitch 80 to 90 percent of the time it's K. I'd say he's destined to fail cause pitchers prolly have stopped throwing him anything close to a strike that he can punish.

1 hour ago, Dan Pasqua said:

This team absolutely sucks in every aspect of baseball.  The worst part is I can't rid myself of this.

Good post about nostalgia. Thing is when we finally do give up we'll never come back. Sox fandom is engrained in many of us. Mine is leaving though. for instance this is the first year in forever I haven't had a favorite player and/or manager. Prior to this is was Abreu, Konerko, Thomas, Oz, etc. Now I have only neutral to negative feelings about each of the guys. Not one player I truly enjoy. Robert and Burger are close to being likeable for me tho.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I have a hard time thinking they really give a damn. If they did heads would have rolled a long time ago.

Remember as long as they are making money the owner is happy and everyone just pays lip service to "winning" to appease the media/fans. 

Nailed it.  It’s a mystery to me why he hasn’t already cut payroll to A’s levels.   Think of how much more money he could make.

16 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I cant say for sure they’re losing money, but boy, with this payroll and this low of attendance there’s no way they’re making the kind of money they want to bring in.

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I cant say for sure they’re losing money, but boy, with this payroll and this low of attendance there’s no way they’re making the kind of money they want to bring in.

As I've stated before MLB is now a 10 billion dollar a year industry. The income sources both domestically and internationally are staggering. The TV money has never been higher.

Attendance matters to be sure, no question...but...it doesn't matter like it did in the 50's, 60's or 70's anymore either. And you can bet this payroll won't be around much longer.

The only way to know for sure would be for JR to open his books to an independent auditor and after 1994 you know that will never happen again. 

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Good post about nostalgia. Thing is when we finally do give up we'll never come back. Sox fandom is engrained in many of us. Mine is leaving though. for instance this is the first year in forever I haven't had a favorite player and/or manager. Prior to this is was Abreu, Konerko, Thomas, Oz, etc. Now I have only neutral to negative feelings about each of the guys. Not one player I truly enjoy. Robert and Burger are close to being likeable for me tho.

Deep Thoughts with greg775

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, shago said:

Deep Thoughts with greg775

Deep Thoughts ... back when I watched snl. I finally gave up this season; haven't watched one episode. Too political for me and non funny. Hmmm I finally gave up on SNL after debating it. Total divorce. Sox better watch it. Fans may totally divorce themselves soon from this franchise.

I missed the last couple of innings, including the Kelly balk call.  What did he do?  I know he has some funky delivery style with men on, and I commented on this once before last month.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

As I've stated before MLB is now a 10 billion dollar a year industry. The income sources both domestically and internationally are staggering. The TV money has never been higher.

Attendance matters to be sure, no question...but...it doesn't matter like it did in the 50's, 60's or 70's anymore either. And you can bet this payroll won't be around much longer.

The only way to know for sure would be for JR to open his books to an independent auditor and after 1994 you know that will never happen again. 

Isn’t the TV money about to dry up to lower levels?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, greg775 said:

I guess his approach caught up with him. Don't know how he's gonna make it swinging at every pitch. When he connects though, BOOM. Not sure what u can do. I'm assuming none of these all or nothing hitters can be coached. They have their swing angle down pat and it's either a homer or K. Of course if u swing at every pitch 80 to 90 percent of the time it's K. I'd say he's destined to fail cause pitchers prolly have stopped throwing him anything close to a strike that he can punish.

He’s a right handed Joey Gallo who, unfortunately, does not have the eye of Joey Gallo.  But he does have a couple of more home runs.

16 hours ago, 2Deep said:

If Andrus does not get DFA'd then there should be an investigation. Not only did he go after it nonchalant but he made a nonchalant throw to 1st.

The effort is the worst thing I have seen all year.....

Go watch the replay

At his press conference Grifol promised the Sox team would bring passion and hustle every game. As Pedro said, the Sox name on the uniform means something. I guess Andrus missed that speech or didn't give a crap. 

• Like 2