GameThread: White Sox @ Mets

Kyyle23

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Why Perez can't be taking ABs over stiffs like Grandal and Zavala is so White Sox.   They're not going anywhere, Grandal is as good as burned toast at this point, just like Elvis Andrus. 

Yaz been hitting a bit lately.  Hopefully enough for someone to grab him, because I agree - may as well just see what we have with Perez 3-4 days a week.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yaz been hitting a bit lately.  Hopefully enough for someone to grab him, because I agree - may as well just see what we have with Perez 3-4 days a week.  

I have the feeling if they don't trade him, the will DFA him soon after.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, baseballgalaly said:

Also Grandal was worth it until he got injured. But that is to be expected as a 33 year old C. 

Grandal was definitely not worth it. We paid this guy $73 million dollars for 3 WAR over 4 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

Grandal was definitely not worth it. We paid this guy $73 million dollars for 3 WAR over 4 years.

He was worth it in 2020 and 21. 

Not in 2022 and 23.

That's the point I was making. 

Grandal was worth 1.6 fwar in 60 games in 2020 and 3.6 in 2021. 

He keeps up that production and nobody is complaining. 

This is my point. 

Edited by baseballgalaly
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I think TA is finding his groove. I have been very critical of him but if we can get the TA that he is capable off then I dont want him traded 

TA has to get picked off bases more than any player in MLB. Is there a stat on that. Whoever is in 2nd place, it can’t be close. I’m not talking caught stealing, but picked off 1st and 2nd base.

10 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

He was worth it in 2020 and 21. 

Not in 2022 and 23.

That's the point I was making. 

Grandal was worth 1.6 fwar in 60 games in 2020 and 3.6 in 2021. 

He keeps up that production and nobody is complaining. 

This is my point. 

And if you pro-rate that 2020 salary to the $6.75M he actually got paid, he was paid $25M to produce  5.2fWAR over the first 2 years of his deal, which worth about $45-50M.  So he was a honestly a bargain the first two seasons, but the last two have been rough.  But that's just free agency.  Tough to b**** about the Sox not spending money, and then b**** when they do and you still have to pay guys after their prime.  Its just how it works. (not directed at you, btw)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

And if you pro-rate that 2020 salary to the $6.75M he actually got paid, he was paid $25M to produce  5.2fWAR over the first 2 years of his deal, which worth about $45-50M.  So he was a honestly a bargain the first two seasons, but the last two have been rough.  But that's just free agency.  Tough to b**** about the Sox not spending money, and then b**** when they do and you still have to pay guys after their prime.  Its just how it works. (not directed at you, btw)

I get that for when you sign people to 7,8,9,10 year deals and you expect the back half of the deal to be rough.

At the time, you sign a 31 year old to the largest deal in franchise history and hes negative value after 2 years. That's a little more than just how free agency works.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I remember a common take when he was signed was "this will be worth it for the start of the contract, but then it will be rough and we can move him to DH."

The problem was Eloy started getting injured by just existing, which forced rapidly Vaughn onto the roster as a OF, and everyone else that's younger than Grandal went to s%*#.

Also Collins was able to do approximately nothing.

• Like 1