GameThread: White Sox @ Twins

Kyyle23

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Only one GM would ever trade for Lance Lynn this deadline,  that's Rick Hahn.  

James Shields 2.0.

Dear White Sox.  No more fat pitchers.  Especially fat pitchers over the age of 30.  It doesn't work out well for the sox.  

• Thanks 2

So the Sox want Colas to dial back his energy during games bc he is supposedly always at a 10.  They want him more like a 7 or 8.  

If everyone else is at a 7 or 8 I don't want him to follow suit bc this is horrendous baseball.  Maybe drop it to a 9 lol 

Get rid of doughboy ...... I'm tired of this nonsense, yet a few good weeks and has    Reverted today back to what he really is.........at this point I don't even give a s*** what we get back for him ......addition by subtraction!

Just now, Polar Bear said:

So the Sox want Colas to dial back his energy during games bc he is supposedly always at a 10.  They want him more like a 7 or 8.  

If everyone else is at a 7 or 8 I don't want him to follow suit bc this is horrendous baseball.  Maybe drop it to a 9 lol 

I get the feeling Colas isn’t long for this organization 

1 minute ago, Polar Bear said:

Colas has a 60% gb rate, a .235 OBP and has been one of the worst players in baseball this year. They should work on those things with him too

• Like 2

Just now, fathom said:

I get the feeling Colas isn’t long for this organization 

When do they ever keep good players 

Eloy and Robert are bolting the first chance they get. 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Colas has a 60% gb rate, a .235 OBP and has been one of the worst players in baseball this year. They should work on those things with him too

The whole team philosophy is to hit grounders.  TA is at like 80%. Eloy at like 70. 

He is a rookie that's what happens until he gets everyday ABs to learn and adjust.  The others have no excuse 

Just now, pmb0928 said:

We could have given kopech or lopez for lynn. Instead hahn gave up a stud we didn't know we had.  Read that story before. Tatis

Could have also signed a solid SP instead of going cheap for one year and end up pissing away another $37M on a rushed mid-season extension after which he has sucked ass including the 2021 playoffs.

But Tony liked him in the Cardinals organization, and Hahn wanted him even before Tony, so the bird brain trust going to bird brain.

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

He's had 110 ABs in the majors. 

• Like 1

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Insane amount of revisionist history here.

Almost no one hated that move at the time. They traded a guy most people viewed as a 4-5 guy for an All Star who then finished TOP 5 in Cy Young the next year. 

• Like 2

Just now, CBJ03 said:

Almost no one hated that move at the time. They traded a guy most people viewed as a 4-5 guy for an All Star who then finished TOP 5 in Cy Young the next year. 

Yep, it was a good trade.  Problem was Lynn had the knee issues and struggled to stay in any sort of decent shape.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CBJ03 said:

Yep. If they traded Kopech then like he said, people would’ve been rioting in the streets. And ReyLo was already down value wise by that point too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, it was a good trade.  Problem was Lynn had the knee issues and struggled to stay in any sort of decent shape.

In all fairness that was a good move as to where we thought we were going 

19 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Those 3 might all be busts, but at least the rest of those draft classes are looking good 🙂

I'm not going to argue against the Crochet pick. It was worth the gamble if the Sox didn't rush him to the Majors and they actually gave him time to build up his arm. MLB draft is a crapshoot. 

The pick wasn't bad, what happened afterwards was brutal. 

Another guy that got injured and lost his stuff, just like Kopech. 

Edited by baseballgalaly
  • Fire 1