7/25 Game Thread: Cubs @ White Sox 7:10CT

2 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Tank the rest of this year and all of next year. Trade everybody including Robert and Cease.  Play kids. 

What the hell does tanking look like? Aren't they already doing that??

I'm warming up to trading Cease...I just don't think you get fair value for Robert....sure if Baltimore wants to send their top 5 prospects but I doubt that happens.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Nothing like a 4-5-6 of guys who are probably 50-80 pct healthy on a team that has no prayer of contending.  

Yup.  A competent org shuts them down but of course they won’t intentionally tank. 

6 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

How has Burger looked at 2B

He has made a few routine plays and from the sound of Len and DJ a good DP turn taking the relay from Tim. Looking forward to watching him via the condensed game. Really just want him not to get hurt, and that they don't do this again unless he gets a full offseason and Spring Training to transition if this is a go forward plan in 2024.

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

What the hell does tanking look like? Aren't they already doing that??

I'm warming up to trading Cease...I just don't think you get fair value for Robert....sure if Baltimore wants to send their top 5 prospects but I doubt that happens.

No, this is totally a roster one or two players away. Everyone knows that in management.

I know the White Sox won’t do this, but imagine you could get a 5 player package for Robert, 3 of whom are strong prospects from the Dodgers or Baltimore. While this is less than he’s worth, it also removes all risk of him getting hurt or pulling a Moncada. If we were being honest about our predicament, isn’t this approaching reasonable?