7/27/23: Cleveland Guardians @ Chicago White Sox - 7:10 PM CDT TV: NBCSCH & Radio WMVP AM 1000

11 minutes ago, CBJ03 said:

Do you think that this is the Tim Anderson that whatever team he's on next will get for the rest of his career or do you think its more likely that he's better next year? Its unfortunate that he's struggled but if I had to bet, I'd bet he'll be much better next year whether he's with the Sox or not. 

And Moncada's back has absolutely killed him this year. It's unfortunate because it killed any chance he had at a normal season. He will probably require disc surgery or being completely shut down which the Sox refuse to do. It's unfortunate more then anything. 

Anderson is 30 and has always been reliant on bat speed and athleticism over working counts, getting a good pitch to hit.  With him lifting the ball less, losing some athleticism and his generally not great approach I won’t be surprised at all if he’s never all that good again.  

And I’d be shocked if Moncada is ever good again 

1 minute ago, baseballgalaly said:

I honestly don't think that Anderson and Moncada will ever be good again. They just lost all of their talent. 

The Anderson power drop isn’t a fluke, he truly can’t pull the ball in the air.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Moncada has the bad back. What exactly got to Anderson? The personal issues? Monstars?

Anderson always relied on bat speed and I think the natural aging process got him. 

I don't think Anderson is as much of a villain as the fanbase makes him out to be, he was very good for a while. 

Edited by baseballgalaly
  • Fire 1

51 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Why didn't Burger even make an attempt to knock that ball down.

I think the Burger experiment at second base on the defensive side is not going to work out so well.  By the way Burger should have been hitting ahead of Grandal tonight.  Grandal hitting has been bad.

1 minute ago, baseballgalaly said:

Power outage existed before his injury last year. 

He had the groin issue last year, but that’s part of the problem with him.  He always seems to have some type of serious injury each year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Good news is next year is last year they will be in the organization 

The tough part about this rebuild is that other than Robert there isn’t a single good player in the majors that will be around (or at least should be) past next year and there isn’t a lot of premium talent in the minors and the two that they have (in Schultz and Montgomery) are a ways off and who knows how they develop and even if they do, do we really think the Sox organization will have enough depth around them to be good?

• Like 1

Just now, whitesoxfan99 said:

The tough part about this rebuild is that other than Robert there isn’t a single good player in the majors that will be around (or at least should be) past next year and there isn’t a lot of premium talent in the minors and the two that they have (in Schultz and Montgomery) are a ways off and who knows how they develop and even if they do, do we really think the Sox organization will have enough depth around them to be good?

Organization is in a really bad spot

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Sox have Quero now too, he belongs with Montgomery and Schultz. Also reports are that Gonzalez will stick in MI and he could be a fine 2B. Probably really solid, nothing spectacular. Ramos isn't too shabby either. 

There's a lot of pressure on these guys though. 

It's not completely destitute, but not good either and their best players are 2+ years away. 

I like what Shirley has done, Gonzalez wouldn't have been my pick this year based on who was available and everyone can split hairs on Crochet. I think Shirley is a massive upgrade on Sox scouting departments of years past. Even if some guys don't work out, I can't really argue with the philosophy much. 

I can totally split hairs with Paddy because Reyes and Erick Hernandez have been a disaster, though there's still time. 

Edited by baseballgalaly

Post game scoring change: Colas charged with his third error.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/guardians-vs-white-sox/2023/07/27/717233/final/box

Only good outcome today is Cleveland gained ground vs. Minnesota, and the Sox gained ground toward a Top 3 Lottery Pick.

1. .394 White Sox
  2. .392 Colorado
  3. .279 Kansas City
  4. .269 Oakland

Think I'm backing off following the team after this one, will check back post deadline and then at year end to see if Hahn or others are s%*# can.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's apathy, which is what Hahn, Jerry et all have earned after what they have done to this franchise.

Adios amigos!

7 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

Sox have Quero now too, he belongs with Montgomery and Schultz. Also reports are that Gonzalez will stick in MI and he could be a fine 2B. Probably really solid, nothing spectacular. Ramos isn't too shabby either. 

There's a lot of pressure on these guys though. 

It's not completely destitute, but not good either and their best players are 2+ years away. 

I like what Shirley has done, Gonzalez wouldn't have been my pick this year based on who was available and everyone can split hairs on Crochet. I think Shirley is a massive upgrade on Sox scouting departments of years past. Even if some guys don't work out, I can't really argue with the philosophy much. 

I can totally split hairs with Paddy because Reyes and Erick Hernandez have been a disaster, though there's still time. 

I’m skeptical of Quero being a true impact talent.  Good return on paper for Giolito but Montgomery and Schultz are potential stars. I’d be really surprised if Quero reaches that level, especially with the Sox and his defense needs to get way way better to even make it a possibility.

8 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

Sox have Quero now too, he belongs with Montgomery and Schultz. Also reports are that Gonzalez will stick in MI and he could be a fine 2B. Probably really solid, nothing spectacular. 

If we are being honest about the timeline, the only one of those who should be up before late 2025 is Monty.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Post game scoring change: Colas charged with his third error.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/guardians-vs-white-sox/2023/07/27/717233/final/box

Only good outcome today is Cleveland gained ground vs. Minnesota, and the Sox gained ground toward a Top 3 Lottery Pick.

1. .394 White Sox
  2. .392 Colorado
  3. .279 Kansas City
  4. .269 Oakland

Think I'm backing off following the team after this one, will check back post deadline and then at year end to see if Hahn or others are s%*# can.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's apathy, which is what Hahn, Jerry et all have earned after what they have done to this franchise.

Adios amigos!

Hang in there for 2 more months, just for the sake of your music.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, flavum said:

There are only four AL teams under .500, and the NL is up on interleague games 245-226. Teams are just beating the s%*# out of the A’s, Royals, and White Sox. And the Tigers are just a regular bad team. 

Really the whole AL Central plus Oakland. Detroit (16-16) is the lone AL Central team not under .500 in interleague.