8/6 Games

BamaDoc

16 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Carela has been very solid. A solo shot, and an a little defensive misplay that led to a run, but mostly cruising otherwise.

6IP, 2R (1ER), 6H, 5K on an efficient 75 pitches. Interested to see if he comes out for the 7th.

Nice....any chance Carela could see AA for a bit this year?

Carela might be an interesting sleeper. Strike thrower with a decent breaking ball. Sox always overestimate hard throwing guys and undervalue strike throwers with only decent stuff (see Dunning, Dane). At the very least getting depth for Middleton before FA is not a bad thing.

17 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Harris 2-2, Gonzalez 0-2. I understand it’s small sample size, but he hasn’t shown much yet. I was skeptical of this pick to begin with. Let’s say I am getting concerned.

It’s not good when you will be shocked to see an extra base hit from your first round pick.  I will never understand his selection.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Harris 2-2, Gonzalez 0-2. I understand it’s small sample size, but he hasn’t shown much yet. I was skeptical of this pick to begin with. Let’s say I am getting concerned.

Nothing that happens in the first season for college hitters ever matters. They’ve already played so many games. 

• Like 1