Sox, Yanks, no Peacocks. 7:10 PM

oldsox

Congratulations Luis Robert on becoming the tenth White Sox to earn 30 doubles and home runs in a single season.

White Sox Players with 30 HRs and 30 Doubles in a Season

1. Frank Thomas 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2000, 2003
  2. Robin Ventura 1996
  3. Albert Belle 1997, 1998
  4. Magglio Ordonez 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
  5. Paul Konerko 2001, 2006, 2007, 2010
  6. Carlos Lee 2003, 2004
  7. Joe Crede 2006
  8. Jermaine Dye 2008
  9. Jose Abreu 2014, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021
  10. Luis Robert Junior 2023
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Shaw with a 4k, 6 out save. Pretty incredible. 

Fun to watch a guy who has had a long career come back from the minors come up to the majors and have some success even after being sent down.

6 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I hate to even put this out there, but I don't like this idea, but I wonder if he was involved in the Salvador Perez discussions.

I think you're probably in the right direction, dead weight for dead weight.    Although Perez is tied up for 3 more years, therefore a lot more money would need to be coming back our way. 

It's just a bad situation every season it feels, we're always carrying a guy on our roster who is too expenses to cut lose (for this owner) and then we have to carry him into June / July. 

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just DFA him and move on

With the money he's owed that's not happening. Sox will get him scheduled for surgery, hope he is OK next year and try to move him at the deadline. 

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Shaw with a 4k, 6 out save. Pretty incredible. 

DJ and Len were discussing that Bryan is not the type of guy who will turn down the ball, so the pitching coach (didn't say Katz) needs to track his usage and schedule rest for him.

Bryan has pitched 4 2/3 since Friday (8/4 1 IP; 8/5 1 2/3 IP; 8/7 2 IP). Would like to see him get the next two games off.

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just DFA him and move on

Think it makes more sense to shut him down, get him back surgery or just rest through Spring Training.

If he ever will be motivated, it will be next year with his contract expiring, so there is a possibility he is healthy and uses the chance to perform like he has in the past, and be flipped at the deadline (assuming the Sox aren't contending). Teams would take on 1/3 of his salary ($8M), or the Sox eat some or all (plus the $5M 2025 option) and get better prospects back.

Do the same with Tim if you can't move either this off-season (There is a better chance at moving Tim).

Would aggressively try to move Eloy.

• Haha 1