Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

2 hours ago, fathom said:

I've had a very low opinion of him. Yet somehow this interview reduced my opinion farther still. "Give me whatever percentage you feel you can give me today." My God.....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fathom said:

He literally has nothing interning to say.  I am completely flabbergasted that they would even consider bringing him back next year.  Getz must realize that next year will be rough and he doesn’t want to burden a new manager with that type of season.  No other logical reason in all honesty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

While Oscar Colás was struggling, you routinely talked to us about what was bothering you about the way he was playing. Fans see, or have the perception of, similar mistakes being made by other players, specifically a lightning rod this year was Tim Anderson with the numbers that he put up. We didn’t hear the same kind of language from you in regards to him or some other players. Fans want to know: What is the difference?

“The difference is that Tim Anderson’s been in the league for a long time and he’s done it over and over and over again. And he got ample time in the minor leagues to develop. Oscar hasn’t.

🤡

What a horrific answer - one of worse I have ever heard from a manager. How do you get accountability with that mindset. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He literally has nothing interning to say.  I am completely flabbergasted that they would even consider bringing him back next year.  Getz must realize that next year will be rough and he doesn’t want to burden a new manager with that type of season.  No other logical reason in all honesty.

So the sacrificial lamb - 🐑- kind of makes sense. 

21 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I keep hoping to hear - and Sox have now informed Grifol he is out. I guess the thing is - he isn't going to set franchise back another 5 years if you stick with him another year, but its pretty evident it will be just 1 year. Bright side is, a baseball manager really can't sent a franchise back 5 years, not like how a head football coach can ruin a QB and set the franchise back a ton.  

That is all true. I just wish we'd get somebody who can run a team like Rob Thomson. This is a new era of media with no real critics like Mariotti back in the day. So we don't hear the stories of perhaps how bad Grifol is. Did the Sox have one highlight all season? Maybe a five game win streak or something.

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That is all true. I just wish we'd get somebody who can run a team like Rob Thomson. This is a new era of media with no real critics like Mariotti back in the day. So we don't hear the stories of perhaps how bad Grifol is. Did the Sox have one highlight all season? Maybe a five game win streak or something.

Mariotti wasn’t a critic he was a coward who lobbed bombs from the safety of his desk.  He never faced any of the people he talked s%*# about because he was scared.  He fuckin ran away from hawk lmao

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

What a horrific answer - one of worse I have ever heard from a manager. How do you get accountability with that mindset. 

The more this jerk opens his mouth the more it confirms what an utter buffoon he is. If Getz only does one thing, it has to be getting rid of this cretin. I’ve never despised a White Sox manager as much as this guy.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

How bad were they in comparison to other years?

I watched almost every game in the 3 previous seasons. I watched maybe 1/3 of the games this year and a lot of those were before I figured out this team was gonna be absolute ass. Nobody wants to watch bad baseball. It's really not worth the time. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I watched almost every game in the 3 previous seasons. I watched maybe 1/3 of the games this year and a lot of those were before I figured out this team was gonna be absolute ass. Nobody wants to watch bad baseball. It's really not worth the time. 

Oh, I agree absolutely. I went years without tuning in. But not sure how they did overall in comparison to other seasons. And also not sure how the ratings work exactly. If a person tunes in for a minute here and there to check the score, does that count?

54 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

The more this jerk opens his mouth the more it confirms what an utter buffoon he is. If Getz only does one thing, it has to be getting rid of this cretin. I’ve never despised a White Sox manager as much as this guy.

Unless you just love having your ass kissed, I can't see how someone above him can watch this guy every day and conclude he needs to be the manager. He tells you how incompetent he is when he isn't showing you how incompetent he is. Let him go back to the Royals.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Unless you just love having your ass kissed, I can't see how someone above him can watch this guy every day and conclude he needs to be the manager. He tells you how incompetent he is when he isn't showing you how incompetent he is. Let him go back to the Royals.

My guess by the lousy job he did year is they wouldn’t want him back.

13 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

So the sacrificial lamb - 🐑- kind of makes sense. 

It’s the only thing I can think of.  Getz is going to have pull off a miracle to develop a competent pitching staff and perhaps it’s better to let Grifol fall on sword next year and let his replacement come in once things are in a better spot.  But that may be giving Chris too much credit as he was instrumental in bringing Grifol in as manager in the first place.

Before the rebuild, during the rebuild, even when Shields was pitching, I would stay for the whole game no matter how out of hand it became. I can't do it anymore, and I don't attend near the same amount of games I used to attend.

It just as become so unwatchable. I'm sure Korey Lee is a nice kid, but how does any non pitcher get to go 9-90 in his career and still play most of the time?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, chw42 said:

Same with me. Lifelong fan just finally stopped watching. After the all-star break I was done. I not only despise this team I despise modern baseball: Whiff or home run. I despise our Sox getting behind in the count and waving at the ball in the dirt for strike three. Or the pathetic half swing where they are fooled and either get the call or whiff. ... Of course the shift which remains and players refusal to poke hits thru the shift. Annoying. No bunt singles. Manfred should just change the rules and play home run derby if HRs are so special. Or play 5 innings real ball and end it with 4 innings of derby.

And pitchers who have redefined the term starter. Can't go more than 5 1/3. Pathetic. With pitchers W/L records meaningless and complete games a thing of the past, they've taken away all interest in that position. Somehow pitchers arms have completely changed and they can't go deep in games cept for a rare rare occasion.

How bad were the tv ratings anyway fathom, educate us pls.

Edited by greg775
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Mariotti wasn’t a critic he was a coward who lobbed bombs from the safety of his desk.  He never faced any of the people he talked s%*# about because he was scared.  He fuckin ran away from hawk lmao

Well if u don't like him, pick some of the other writers of that era. Critical columns were very common at least as I recall. Unless I'm missing something, not as many critical pieces on the Sox these days though I do remember reading one or two late in this disastrous campaign.

On 10/2/2023 at 11:00 PM, TheBooneLoganEra said:

I've had a very low opinion of him. Yet somehow this interview reduced my opinion farther still. "Give me whatever percentage you feel you can give me today." My God.....

Maybe Garfoil and Uberfloss should switch spots?? They might each be stuck in the wrong sports!

On 10/3/2023 at 12:03 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

I thought of one. Getz could be an incompetent GM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2023 at 9:44 AM, greg775 said:

You referenced Mariotti in a positive light.  That’s funny.

• Haha 1