1 hour ago1 hr 3 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:Yes, let's fire the general manager that is responsible for one of the most historic turnarounds in baseball history.Why look at the forest when you can smash your face against a single, dead tree?
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:I will stand on this until I die, but he has kind of been proven right to NOT add to this team. They benefited from having two very mediocre teams on their side of the bracket for the playoffs, but as wide as the pitching gap is between the Sox and the actually good playoff teams, there wasn't enough out there at the deadline to bridge that gap, and would have pissed away resources to do so. This team was definitely early and unexpected, which also goes to it not being quite ready for prime time. That's fine. But two things need to happen whenever we have an actual offseason. #1 they need to find 300 at least OK innings in the starting rotation, and #2 they need to get all that pitching in the minors back on track. You have GOT to get some starters out of Schultz, McDougal, and Hagen, otherwise this team is just missing too much pitching to fix in a short period of time, and goes back to waiting for the really young guys to break out. It could even be that Shane Smith wasn't a fluke and was just cursed this year, but they need a couple of those guys to be serviceable in 2027. As of today you have Burke as a Yes, Martin as a Maybe, and then ???. You need at least 7 to 8 starters as options over the course of 162, and so far we have 1.This isn't true. He did add to the team. He tried to add players under control mainly. It was a failure. Look at the pieces Cleveland traded over the deadline. They didn't give up anything special. However they traded mainly for rentals instead of getting cute and going for players that can be "fixed". It's paying off big time. This series is likely over without those pieces.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:Very true especially considering the uncertainty of what the new CBA will look like and what restrictions JR puts on things especially given the cost of starting pitching.This team went 33-19 against their own division and still couldn't win it largely in part because they went 44-57 against everyone that wasn't an AL Central team, the A's, or the Rockies.Nevermind the CBA issue looming, there are massive question marks on this roster and over the organization.Colson Montgomery hit .163 with a .557 OPS in the second half, Mune hit .185 but at least he had a .750 OPS. Tristan Peters came back to earth in the second half. Can you count on him to be a guy who is going to push 4WAR next year? I can't. I like Sam Antonacci, he's not an outfielder. They still are going to be rostering that bum Benintendi who can only play DH and doesn't have the bat for it. They have Vargas and Meidroth and that's about the only two players you can probably feel really good about.The pitching, that's a whole mess itself. I feel like the acquisition of Castillo was their idea of spending money on next years team, just half a year earlier. We know how that is looking currently. I don't expect them to make any truly meaningful signing money wise. There's just a ton of questions. It doesn't take away from what the 2026 team was able to accomplish, but in no way am I ready to assume this is now a contending team and were in for another great season in 2027.
1 hour ago1 hr 13 minutes ago, T R U said:This team went 33-19 against their own division and still couldn't win it largely in part because they went 44-57 against everyone that wasn't an AL Central team, the A's, or the Rockies.I'd genuinely like to see every team's record if you remove multiple losing teams from their schedule. It's like when people say "take away this winning streak, and this winning streak, and this one -- other than those their record wasn't very good."
1 hour ago1 hr 6 hours ago, Whisox05 said:Jerry isnt going to fire Getz. He got that carret Jerry talks about for second place and also got him playoff games money too. Exactly what Jerry wants.If playoff game money is what Jerry wants, then he is even worse at his job than we thought.
1 hour ago1 hr 27 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:Very true especially considering the uncertainty of what the new CBA will look like and what restrictions JR puts on things especially given the cost of starting pitching.Historically, Jerry has opened up the pocket books following playoff appearances. We've had at least one big expenditure per off season:2001: Wells, Clayton2006: Thome, Vazquez2020: Lynn, HendriksEven in 2021, they spent, they just spent it poorly.I don't like the guy but I think it's reasonable to expect they will spend in the offseason. Traditionally they have following playoff appearances.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:I'd genuinely like to see every team's record if you remove multiple losing teams from their schedule. It's like when people say "take away this winning streak, and this winning streak, and this one -- other than those their record wasn't very good."There are 15 losing teams in baseball and the White Sox played every one of them, I called out 2 of them outside of their own division. Not exactly cherry picking.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, T R U said:Dude, they won 84 games and beat the only team in MLB history to make the post season without a winning record. If they can win Saturday and somehow make it to the World Series, then we can start talking about historic.They’re the first team in major league history to make the playoffs after losing 100+ games in each of the previous three seasons.It’s literally an historic turnaround by definition whether you think it is or not.
1 hour ago1 hr 3 minutes ago, Snopek said:They’re the first team in major league history to make the playoffs after losing 100+ games in each of the previous three seasons.It’s literally an historic turnaround by definition whether you think it is or not.You're certainly entitled to feel that way
46 minutes ago46 min 17 minutes ago, T R U said:You're certainly entitled to feel that wayIt’s not a feeling. It’s literally a fact.
41 minutes ago41 min 21 minutes ago, T R U said:You're certainly entitled to feel that wayThese are all facts. I think this team isn't even close to hitting the peak of their powers. That's what scary about them in years to come. A lot of these guys still have levels they can hit.
35 minutes ago35 min 43 minutes ago, T R U said:This team went 33-19 against their own division and still couldn't win it largely in part because they went 44-57 against everyone that wasn't an AL Central team, the A's, or the Rockies.Nevermind the CBA issue looming, there are massive question marks on this roster and over the organization.Colson Montgomery hit .163 with a .557 OPS in the second half, Mune hit .185 but at least he had a .750 OPS. Tristan Peters came back to earth in the second half. Can you count on him to be a guy who is going to push 4WAR next year? I can't. I like Sam Antonacci, he's not an outfielder. They still are going to be rostering that bum Benintendi who can only play DH and doesn't have the bat for it. They have Vargas and Meidroth and that's about the only two players you can probably feel really good about.The pitching, that's a whole mess itself.I feel like the acquisition of Castillo was their idea of spending money on next years team, just half a year earlier. We know how that is looking currently. I don't expect them to make any truly meaningful signing money wise.There's just a ton of questions. It doesn't take away from what the 2026 team was able to accomplish, but in no way am I ready to assume this is now a contending team and were in for another great season in 2027.That’s baseball susyn. We had a lot of players step up this year that we weren’t expecting. Out of all the players you mentioned, and man I really hope I am wrong, but I’m not a believer in Colson. Mostly because of what he said about a month ago about not adjusting because he is who he is. You don’t win in sports, much less baseball, without adjusting to the opposition. Because they are going to adjust to you and will always have the advantage unless you adjust to them. He won’t make it unless he changes his mindset. The good news about him is we have Roch waiting in the wings to take over SS if it comes to it. I like Colson, and I hope I’m wrong, but it’s looking pretty grim at the moment.To the rest of your post, every team that’s not the Dodgers have holes/weaknesses. We need to address them. Our offense is the least of our concern. We scored the most runs in the AL this season. We address our pitching, we’ll be in the postseason again next year and should make a deep run.That said, Sox could win tomorrow and all would be well again 😂 even though Tampa will most likely kick our ass. Edited 34 minutes ago34 min by AntMan26
17 minutes ago17 min 12 minutes ago, AntMan26 said:That’s baseball susyn. We had a lot of players step up this year that we weren’t expecting. Out of all the players you mentioned, and man I really hope I am wrong, but I’m not a believer in Colson. Mostly because of what he said about a month ago about not adjusting because he is who he is. You don’t win in sports, much less baseball, without adjusting to the opposition. Because they are going to adjust to you and will always have the advantage unless you adjust to them. He won’t make it unless he changes his mindset. The good news about him is we have Roch waiting in the wings to take over SS if it comes to it. I like Colson, and I hope I’m wrong, but it’s looking pretty grim at the moment.To the rest of your post, every team that’s not the Dodgers have holes/weaknesses. We need to address them. Our offense is the least of our concern. We scored the most runs in the AL this season. We address our pitching, we’ll be in the postseason again next year and should make a deep run.That said, Sox could win tomorrow and all would be well again 😂 even though Tampa will most likely kick our ass.The offense is definitely a concern if Colson is cooked and Mune has been figured out. We can't have two players in the lineup hitting .190 and striking out 220 times. Tristan Peters is a question mark to me, Teel hasn't been all that impressive but he was coming off injury so who knows. Does Braden Montgomery take another step? Antonacci loses value because he can't play left field, so were capped on how much he adds to the overall.You can pretty much only feel really good about Vargas and Meidroth. Were going to have essentially the same players back next season until we have the debuts of Cholowski and Bonemer.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.