Other teams bad contracts with 1 or 2 years left

baseball_gal_aly

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Better for the slim hope Yoan is healthy and be flipped for something next July vs. getting new suckage, especially if signed beyond 2024.

He will be motivated for a new contract, time will tell if his body and mind will allow it.

He wouldn’t be playing for a new contract though, he’d be playing for an admittedly pricey 1 year option being picked up.

Just now, WBWSF said:

If the White Sox offered Moncada to Miami and agreed to pay all of his salary and wanted Burger in return, does anybody think the Marlins would make the trade?

It’s trade scenarios like this that make me wonder why you never got that GM job. 

• Haha 6

Just now, Balta1701 said:

He wouldn’t be playing for a new contract though, he’d be playing for an admittedly pricey 1 year option being picked up.

Doubtful any team would want without something approaching his 5.1 WAR .915 OPS 2019 season, which is never going to happen. He needs to significantly improve his health and performance to reach .750 next year.

Sunk Cost: $24.8M in 2024 + $5.0M 2025 Buyout ($20M more to extend and play in 2025).

He will be owed $8M + $5M at the 2024 deadline, if he's playing well and the Sox eat some/all money, they could get something in return, better than a pre deadline DFA IMO.

• baseball_gal_aly changed the title to Other teams bad contracts with 1 or 2 years left
48 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

If I was the GM Tatis Jr, Madrigal and Burger would  still be on the White Sox.

I found a way to get Griffey and Bonds in the same outfield….and we really didn’t have to give up that much!

for real though, not trading Tatis Jr. for shields is just the outside the box thinking that this franchise needs. 

Edited by Pale Sox

18 hours ago, dohnut said:

Why bother, though? Just release him and call it a day.

Jerry-Reinsdorf.jpg

Sir you are talking about my money.  We dont give away my money.  We have prospects in the minors we  could add as a sweetener to move this contract. Our new GM Getz hasnt beent through the training part about bundling our international trading dollars onto it as well.  

Edited by southsideirish71

18 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Keep him till it runs out and hope for the best.  Change of scenery trades are a bad idea for this current organization, 

This. At least he’s a good third baseman and maybe he’s actually healthy next season and ends up worth more than half of what he gets paid.

14 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

He would be playing for a new contract though, because there is a damn near 0% chance that 2025 option gets picked up,