Brian Kenny on White Sox front office...

Lip Man 1

I feel like the Shields trade had KW’s fingerprints on it. Like the LaRussa signing, it doesn’t go with the rest of the moves Hahn made. Shields seems like the kind of guy Kenny had one of his crushes on who was destined to one day join the team.

Not sticking up for Hahn…it was his time to get canned, but I don’t think he was ever fully in control.

Oh, and the Sox still haven’t signed a prime free agent in forever.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I feel like the Shields trade had KW’s fingerprints on it. Like the LaRussa signing, it doesn’t go with the rest of the moves Hahn made. Shields seems like the kind of guy Kenny had one of his crushes on who was destined to one day join the team.

Not sticking up for Hahn…it was his time to get canned, but I don’t think he was ever fully in control.

Oh, and the Sox still haven’t signed a prime free agent in forever.

The Shields trade was awful in retrospect but Tatis didn't become the guy he is now until later. That's as charitable as you can be.

6 hours ago, Vacheron said:

The Shields trade was awful in retrospect but Tatis didn't become the guy he is now until later. That's as charitable as you can be.

I have previously debunked this canard a billion times. The industry knew he was a break out. Law wrote an article before the trade saying that industry sources who had seen Tatis in instructs said that he'd have been 1-1 had he been eligible for the draft.  This is not a Junior Caminero situation.  Tatis was highly prized and the Sox dealt him for maximum salary relief for a guy who already sucked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I will never stop being amazed at all the excuses made for Rick Hahn.

I view it as a “Hahn sucked, but let’s not let that cloud the fact that the rest of the organization sucks just as bad.”

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I will never stop being amazed at all the excuses made for Rick Hahn.

“He did good with all of the returns on his trades!”

and then what did he do?  Did he continue to collect and amass prospects and draft well and made shrewd trades in the down years of a rebuild?  Nope

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I have previously debunked this canard a billion times. The industry knew he was a break out. Law wrote an article before the trade saying that industry sources who had seen Tatis in instructs said that he'd have been 1-1 had he been eligible for the draft.  This is not a Junior Caminero situation.  Tatis was highly prized and the Sox dealt him for maximum salary relief for a guy who already sucked.

Along with Erik Johnson too.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

At the time he was certainly the name player in the trade though...and had been a pretty highly rated Sox prospect albeit with numerous injury red flags.

At the time doesn’t matter, this is a post mortem, Tatis was the f*** up and Erik Johnson pitched a handful of games for the padres and faded out forever 

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Not Rick Hahn's fault.

It's the training staff, TLR and of course those individual players.

Nobody could have predicted their poor health or Covid lol.

I'm not putting this at the feet of anyone, but the players (and 2ndly the training staff), at least the part highlighted above. We've never gotten even remotely enough on field time from the guys that were supposed to be the heart of this team on the field.