GT 8/27: OAK @ SOX, 1:10, now I'm stuck doing another one

10 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

At this point in the season, all I care about are some/most of Robert, Moncada, Vaughn, Benintendi, Colas and Sosa getting better, and Cease and Kopech getting things straightened out.

As long a Katz is pitching coach don’t count on Kopech getting straightened out, maybe not Cease either. The manager and all the coaches have to go.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

30 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

At this point in the season, all I care about are some/most of Robert, Moncada, Vaughn, Benintendi, Colas and Sosa getting better, and Cease and Kopech getting things straightened out.

Kopech straightened out to what? Are we sure he's good enough to be straightened out at this point?

24 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Just gonna ask what in the wide world of sports got into Moncada. And I'm warming up to Sosa. Only thing his swing is kinda long

Moncada wants a nine figure extension. Go for it.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, zisk said:

Is it too late to trade Clevenger?

He might be able to pitch, but there is no evidence any other MLB team wants him or Bauer at this point.

Looked at MLB scores and followed Yoan's at bat on Gameday. Now up to .669 OPS. I believe he will finish over .700 if he's healthy to close the season.

Tim Anderson 2-4 today. 

LmdpZg.gif

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

As long a Katz is pitching coach don’t count on Kopech getting straightened out, maybe not Cease either. The manager and all the coaches have to go.

Cease ceased to be an elite prospect this season. He's OK some starts but nobody can say he's special. Not sure why baseball hasn't gone all in yet on limiting starters to two innings like the rest of the staff. I think Cease will be pretty good in the two inning world if he ever decides to throw strikes consistently.

Edited by greg775

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

This is pretty neat. The Sox can win a series against somebody.

They will tie the series if they hold on, but it's nice to see they have shown life in two straight games.

They will be 3-3 .500 in the Chris Getz era with a win today.  They finished decent last year as well, going 18-16 under Miguel Cairo.

• Like 1