9/6 4th Place Sox at 5th Place Royals

Texsox

9 - 14 the rest of the way gets them to 100 losses. Has to be a lock at this point, going to be real close.

4 vs Royals (2-2)

3 vs Tigers (1-2)

4 vs Twins (1-3)

3 vs Nationals (2-1)

3 vs Red Sox (1-2)

3 vs Diamondbacks (1-2)

3 vs Padres (1-2)

8 hours ago, Texsox said:

Started the game thread because, unlike this team, we show up for every game. 

:violin

How will they lose today? 

The 5 th place Royals are beating the s%*# out of-the 4th place Sox.  So embarrassing.  As we cannot fire the whole team, Grifol should be let go.

41 minutes ago, Vacheron said:

the depressing part is the Sox will say "yeah we lost 100 games but we 'fired everybody"

They'll also say something about how they are changing the culture.

The same culture that the manager spent all season saying was not an issue.

The same manager that will be returning for another season.

Just normal things.

47 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Add insult to injury, the dichotomy of t;he bad guys to the north who cant seem to lose to anyone and we cant seem to win to anyone

Gonna be a cubs city for generations to come

I've watched more "non Sox" games this year than I usually do. My Lord, the Cubs have a solid team. Actually seem to be concerned about playing real baseball.

Watching them play and then the Sox is actually depressing as it shows me how far away this " core" is from being a winner.

2 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Add insult to injury, the dichotomy of t;he bad guys to the north who cant seem to lose to anyone and we cant seem to win to anyone

Gonna be a cubs city for generations to come

That's what happens when you have an organization that knows what the hell they are doing. 

• Like 1

Cubs at one point were nine games under and dead last in the division, then they played 10 consecutive games against the Cardinals and White Sox...then they had another stretch of 12 straight against the Sox, Royals, Tigers and Pirates.

2 hours ago, SoxFest23 said:

I've watched more "non Sox" games this year than I usually do. My Lord, the Cubs have a solid team. Actually seem to be concerned about playing real baseball.

Watching them play and then the Sox is actually depressing as it shows me how far away this " core" is from being a winner.

They invested in scouting and development and have the philosophy of pitching and defense.  When they spend the big money players will perform for them.   Even Madrigal improved after some development in their farm system.  I don't consider not having him as a loss but he got better. He's now Nicky Four Barrels.

I've watched the former players like Abreu and Burger. The Marlins are fun to watch and the AL West got really interesting. Anyone but the Sox is my motto and it will carry on possibly for my lifetime.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

They invested in scouting and development and have the philosophy of pitching and defense.  When they spend the big money players will perform for them.   Even Madrigal improved after some development in their farm system.  I don't consider not having him as a loss but he got better. He's now Nicky Four Barrels.

That damn home run by Madrigal was definitely a lowlight of our season.

59 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Cubs at one point were nine games under and dead last in the division, then they played 10 consecutive games against the Cardinals and White Sox...then they had another stretch of 12 straight against the Sox, Royals, Tigers and Pirates.

Those are the teams you have to beat.  Those are also the dangerous teams that have nothing to play for and seem to beat the contending teams. Then there's tje Sox who like to play dead.