This team's offense

harkness99

3 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Its bad enough he was traded but like the trades of Tatis Jr and Madrigal we received nothing for them. Wouldn't this teams offense be better if Burger, Madrigal and Tatis Jr were in the starting lineup?

Don't forget Bassitt and Semien for one year of Shark.

Sosa/Bell

Todd Ritchie for Wells/Fogg/Lowe

Nick Swisher trade

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I still can't understand why Burger was traded. He's hitting very well in Miami and I'm not surprised.

Burger was 3 for 4 today with a 2 run homer.  What a terrible, stupid trade. A 30+ homer everyday  guy, well liked, with team control throughout 2028 for a minor league pitcher.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

Burger was 3 for 4 today with a 2 run homer.  What a terrible, stupid trade. A 30+ homer everyday  guy, well liked, with team control throughout 2028 for a minor league pitcher.

Yea, I watch all of the Marlins games, and Burger has become a real fan favorite . makes no sense that the Sox got rid of their best power hitter.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

Yea, I watch all of the Marlins games, and Burger has become a real fan favorite . makes no sense that the Sox got rid of their best power hitter.

Yeah I mean think of where they’d finish in the division this year with him. They were rolling with him, right? Totally dismantled an unstoppable force. How they could give up on a successful offense like this one I don’t know.

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yeah I mean think of where they’d finish in the division this year with him. They were rolling with him, right? Totally dismantled an unstoppable force. How they could give up on a successful offense like this one I don’t know.

Helped to make the team nearly unwatchable if that was the goal...

14 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yea well, I just thought the games were more interesting when he played . it's just a personal thing.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I was referring to Burger’s value for upcoming seasons, not particularly this season which is shot.

• Hawk 1

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Don't forget Bassitt and Semien for one year of Shark.

Sosa/Bell

Todd Ritchie for Wells/Fogg/Lowe

Nick Swisher trade

Sosa had to go because he did not get along with Walt Hriniak who wanted him to be the player he was in 1990 (when he was the only guy in MLB in double-figures in doubles, triples, home runs, stolen bases and outfield assists). Given what history showed he became he was no real loss.

Bell had 112 RBI's in 92 and something like 68 in 93 when he only played half the games.

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Sosa had to go because he did not get along with Walt Hriniak who wanted him to be the player he was in 1990 (when he was the only guy in MLB in double-figures in doubles, triples, home runs, stolen bases and outfield assists). Given what history showed he became he was no real loss.

Bell had 112 RBI's in 92 and something like 68 in 93 when he only played half the games.

That said...Sosa was a huge aspect of the Cubs taking over Chicago for good in the 90's.

Especially the 1998 home run race with McGwire.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 8:53 AM, harkness99 said:

This has been mostly our intact line-up that was supposed to be formidable...

Wow is it bad... it's pretty remarkable how shitty the offense is.

We are not missing anyone that wasn't supposed to be a threat... and we can't do s%*# on offense.

they give me the impression of a team who's talented, that the league has figured out and they don't have the personnel and technology in place to help them make adjustments, so they literally go out every night doing the same thing anyways

29 minutes ago, fathom said:

The scary thing is it was obvious that most of the issues he was having at the plate was due to this, but I guess people on here are smarter than the hitting coaches with the Sox:

Luis Robert Jr. is the lone successful White Sox hitter.

He is also the only one on record saying he wants zero information from the coaching staff, and the only one known on record to not knowing their names on record.

Wibder if that is just his make up, or do to what he has witnessed in the organization and the best course of action when dealing with Getz’ player development people and the coaching and four (Ricky, Tony, Miguel & Pedro) and counting managers he has played for since arriving in 2020.

6 hours ago, tray said:

Ridiculous. Do you watch the games or just hate on certain players? 

See post above.  

To simplify it the Sox on a whole were groundball machines last season.   At the same time Eloy is hitting those groundballs where no one is fielding them.

17 HR is not acceptable for a full-time DH but if he drives in over 100 runs consistently then who cares.

On 9/16/2023 at 12:43 PM, WBWSF said:

Its bad enough he was traded but like the trades of Tatis Jr and Madrigal we received nothing for them. Wouldn't this teams offense be better if Burger, Madrigal and Tatis Jr were in the starting lineup?

No,  Development has something to do with that.