Sox/Padres October 1……loss 101?

Soxfest

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Small consolation but at least Cub fans can't gloat given their team choked away an almost sure playoff spot by collapsing the last three weeks. 

They weren't suppose to be in the position anyway.  They were predicted to losing closer to 90 than winning 90.   Both teams didn't live up to their predictions just in opposite directions.  

4 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Getz sounds ridiculous and no real plan and knows JR will let him keep job till he is no longer on planet!

Hopefully it’s just the GM meetings and the Winter meetings that we hear from him. I just want him to get a budget number for 2024, and then go make moves. 

Edited by flavum

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Ozzie ripping the Sox on pre game for playing this insulting lineup on fan appreciation day. No TA and Eloy, laughable.

Benintendi played 151. I’ll give him a pass. 

Tim, Eloy, Yoan…I hope they’ve played their last games with the Sox.

Ozzie definitely does not like Grifol. He told a story that he went to congratulate him on the managerial position for the White Sox and what to expect in this city with fans and expectations and Grifol basically blew him off. 

7 minutes ago, flavum said:

Hopefully it’s just the GM meetings and the Winter meetings that we hear from him. I just want him to get a budget number for 2024, and then go make moves. 

This, his actions hopefully will speak louder than words. The question is where do you start with this mess, my first move would be saying goodbye to TA. 

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Ozzie definitely does not like Grifol. He told a story that he went to congratulate him on the managerial position for the White Sox and what to expect in this city with fans and expectations and Grifol basically blew him off. 

I can believe that, Grifol is a jerk.

Just now, The Mighty Mite said:

Agree but it will be hard to move Yoan with his contract.

We’ll see. Obviously money will be a factor in a deal, but he has played better the last six weeks and would be going into a contract season. Could be attractive to another team. For the Sox, I just want him gone.

5 hours ago, flavum said:

No TA, Moncada, Eloy, Benintendi

61-101

Fire Pedro

Elvis Andrus has the second best OPS in the lineup, currently .655. Vaughn is number one at .744, with Eloy (.758) the lone active hitter above him.

12 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Not sure I'd talk to or listen to advice from Ozzie about anything job related or not.

Tony La Russa would be my first go to, between player discussions, learning about the FO/Jerry, and other input. Miguel Cairo and Ricky Renteria would be good resources as well in terms of recent White Sox managers.

Nice start to day by Urena, nice to see Remillard finish well.

11 minutes ago, flavum said:

We’ll see. Obviously money will be a factor in a deal, but he has played better the last six weeks and would be going into a contract season. Could be attractive to another team. For the Sox, I just want him gone.

I think he’s on the books for 24 million next year, that’s a lot of gelt for a guy that spends quite a bit of time on the IL.