Who do you want or think will replace Benetti?

ron883

Benetti Replacement Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as Benetti's replacement?

• Mike Monaco
    • Adam Amin
    • Connor McKnight
    • Julie DiCaro
    • Other

Feel free to vote for who you WANT or who you think will be the replacement. I know those are different questions, but who cares. Are there any obvious candidates I missed? Kasper is staying on the radio I know. Gordon is a color guy. Those aren't realistic candidates. 

I had no problem with Monaco in the limited amount I heard him. Hope they match up on a deal.

When McKnight was on the Score, nothing made me turn off the radio faster than hearing his voice. For him to be the pbp announcer for the only team I care about, would be a gut punch.

• Like 2

My pick is a definite longshot that I mentioned in the other thread. Brian Barnhart who calls Illini football and basketball. My favorite PBP guy in all of sports. Used to do Angels games years. Has turned down other MLB work to remain in Champaign. He is a Sox fan though so maybe he'd consider, not that he'd ever be asked because he's not in the Jerry-sphere to begin with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Mike Huff and Pods seen like outside possibilities...except they're also more analysis or third in the booth than pure PBP guys. 

Does Garfien even seem like JR would tolerate him more than a McKnight-ish ever cheery homer/ass kisser? 

After the way Garfien has (correctly) ripped apart the organization the past two years? Never in a million year.

Amin won't work as he has most of the same conflicts as Benetti, and I can't see JR/Brooks signing up for that again.

Monaco also does national stuff but not as high-profile. He is or has been the alternate/fill-in for NESN. But I bet a full-time gig would entice him. Don't think he'd be a long-term solution, though.