Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Everyone references the Rays as the example of this but they also trade most of their good mlb players before they hit free agency for prospects. They don’t have a top farm system because they draft so much better than everyone else. If that’s the model the Orioles want to follow I suppose you can be competitive often but never really a consistent contender to win a World Series and you also get to see your team constantly unload their best players every few years. It’s not the worst model for a small market team but I think I’d also be frustrated by it as a fan.

Most ML players should never see arb 2 or arb 3 money.  Let someone else pay for production you should be getting for the league minimum.

Tampa is cheap but they are also smart, they recognize this.

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I don't think that was ever a comment. Bad is one thing, being good is another. 

Based on WAR for 2023, the Orioles had 6th ranked staff in MLB, #7 per ERA and #8 per xFIP.  I would say that is rather good with many controllable young pitchers. 

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What the hell do you put on your crab cakes then?

But yes, 100% joking about that proposal and obviously Gavin Sheets makes zero sense you guys.

Real crab cakes don’t need sauce although some like cocktail or tartar sauce anyway.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Real crab cakes don’t need sauce although some like cocktail or tartar sauce anyway.

I’ve seen Mustard on crackers and Mayo with a sprinkle of Old Bay on a sandwich. I personally don’t use sauce. By the way, I visited a Shula’s recently and they served a remoulade with their crab cake. The food was really good but that sauce was disgusting.

Here is one of many good places if you like Maryland style crab cakes. They will send them to you 🙃

https://gandmcrabcakes.com/24-oz-crab-cake-tub-bulk

2 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

I’ve seen Mustard on crackers and Mayo with a sprinkle of Old Bay on a sandwich. I personally don’t use sauce. By the way, I visited a Shula’s recently and they served a remoulade with their crab cake. The food was really good but that sauce was disgusting.

Here is one of many good places if you like Maryland style crab cakes. They will send them to you 🙃

https://gandmcrabcakes.com/24-oz-crab-cake-tub-bulk

G&M is my favorite crab cake place in Maryland.  It is only 15 minutes away from BWI.  I miss that place.  Give me some G&M crab cakes and Portillo's Italian Beef.  😋

1 minute ago, Snowy Demon said:

G&M is my favorite crab cake place in Maryland.  It is only 15 minutes away from BWI.  I miss that place.  Give me some G&M crab cakes and Portillo's Italian Beef.  😋

I heard during Covid, when the crab meat prices were jumping up, that G and M started sucking. Not sure if that is still an issue but they do/did make an excellent crab cake.  If you ever ate them at the Peppermill they are fantastic too.

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Most ML players should never see arb 2 or arb 3 money.  Let someone else pay for production you should be getting for the league minimum.

Tampa is cheap but they are also smart, they recognize this.

And what organization has won a World Series utilizing this approach? Certainly none of the last 8 champs. Only 1 of the last 20 champs used this approach (Royals).

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Btw, can we screw this Cease talk?  I want to know what you guys want to do with the first pick and if you want to trade Fields?  That’s a fascinating discussion imo.

Time to move on. If you aren't sure after nearly 40 starts, you have your answer. 

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I heard during Covid, when the crab meat prices were jumping up, that G and M started sucking. Not sure if that is still an issue but they do/did make an excellent crab cake.  If you ever ate them at the Peppermill they are fantastic too.

Other places include Boxhill, Timbuktu,&  Pappas. The latter has a location close to the airport as well. 

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And what organization has won a World Series utilizing this approach? Certainly none of the last 8 champs. Only 1 of the last 20 champs used this approach (Royals).

I mean, this is largely irrelevant to me. Teams do win when they have a lot of poor money spent but the less dumb money on your books, the better.

More and more teams are wising up but there are still a lot of dumb teams out there in terms of how they spend money.

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

So I'm moving to Norfolk in March. Am I close enough to be an Orioles fan next season? Lord knows the White Sox will be unwatchable unless I'm in a self hating mood.

In the Navy?

Well, you can certainly become immersed with our AAA MiL team/players.

Edited by Sports Guy

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic