Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

12 minutes ago, scotty22hotty said:

this is the proposal all the yankee fans are saying is an overpay

everyone forgets to add in the ~$35M you're saving by not having to pay cease $30M a year

Yes, but you get even more savings keeping 2-4 quality MLB players long term.

I’m not convinced Baltimore would go far beyond $22M / 2 years for Cease if he was a non QO FA today, because ownership is perfectly happy cashing $320M in revenue and only spending 1/6 or 1/5 of that amount on players.

The most probable suitors are ones actually trying to compete and also potentially impacted by the luxury tax. A team like the damn Yankees, Red Cubs, Braves, Cardinals and of course the Dodgers (with SD and NYM handcuffed this off-season).

Tampa would be my wildcard in exception, even though Cease is at their ceiling in salary. With Franco likely dropping off their payroll and settlement of the stadium issue, their budget should allow them to pick up a piece like Cease if they are interested. I thought Cincinnati was the other legitimate option until they signed Montas.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Yeah, sounds Iike Yanks want to use Pereira as a trade chip.  I would love Dominguez, but I doubt they trade him.  Hampton, Lalane and Arias are intriguing.

Fangraphs hates Pereira. I too would be pissed with a right handed 30 hit OFer. 

They have to get Jones or Dominguez as the top piece and then two pitchers. 

I'm not sure they can get all that but that proposal noted above was a very good one. If they can get Vivas as a 4th piece that would be awesome. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Where are you hearing this?

Him and Peraza are two guys that they soured on after last year and are blocked going forward.  If they make a deal, I bet one of them will be in it.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Him and Peraza are two guys that they soured on after last year and are blocked going forward.  If they make a deal, I bet one of them will be in it.

Why would we take guys the Yankees soured on?  It sounds Ike Pereira has a LF only profile and incredibly questionable hit tool.  How does that make any sense for us?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, scotty22hotty said:

this is the proposal all the yankee fans are saying is an overpay

everyone forgets to add in the ~$35M you're saving by not having to pay cease $30M a year

Do you believe the New York teams or the Dodgers care about the salary? 

9 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Oh yes, offseason articles. Definitely a great source of information. 

It’s an article about the teams needs for the offseason. Not really interested in the names attached if there were in the article. I’d assume that I could find information about the White Sox needs from a beat writer or here. 

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

With Franco likely dropping off their payroll and settlement of the stadium issue, their budget should allow them to pick up a piece like Cease if they are interested. 

Wander Franco's salary in 2024 is (was) listed as $2MM.  

1 hour ago, Rolle Tide said:

It’s an article about the teams needs for the offseason. Not really interested in the names attached if there were in the article. I’d assume that I could find information about the White Sox needs from a beat writer or here. 

Sox need a lot moving forward. It is a talent-starved organization. For this year, the most glaring need is a right fielder, but rumor has it that they have been instructed to prioritize pitching. That’s why the Yankees may make sense.

8 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I think if they trade with the Yankees, they’ll be looking for pitching. Hampton ot Warren to start, if not both. I would avoid Spencer Jones and Pereira at all costs.

Yankees scare me.  Their prospects are always over promoted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why would we take guys the Yankees soured on?  It sounds Ike Pereira has a LF only profile and incredibly questionable hit tool.  How does that make any sense for us?

He probably wouldn’t be a main piece. Prob a back half piece.

7 hours ago, DirtySox said:

I would really love to acquire Arias in a Yankees deal. Really into Lombard too.

Obviously, I like Jones.

I do think a deal that board would be horrified by that I would be excited by would be Hampton, Arias, Lombard and like Clayton Beeter.

Usually turned off by the yanks prospects but after diving in…I admit they are interesting and good.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

Obviously, I like Jones.

I do think a deal that board would be horrified by that I would be excited by would be Hampton, Arias, Lombard and like Clayton Beeter.

Usually turned off by the yanks prospects but after diving in…I admit they are interesting and good.

I'd be stoked for a return like that. If I could swap out Beeter for Lalane I'd be over the moon. The Yankees farm is deep. I think they match up with the Sox very well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bmags said:

Honestly for me this has been like being forced into watching a HS model UN group the last few weeks. 

We went from proposing trade routes to tariffs to open declarations of war.

29 minutes ago, bmags said:

Obviously, I like Jones.

I just checked Lombard's height. This makes sense.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

We went from proposing trade routes to tariffs to open declarations of war.

I just checked Lombard's height. This makes sense.

You actually checking heights is what makes you a better man

• Haha 2

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic