ST Thread

pcq

11 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Yeah, but they all play good D.  He could’ve gotten guys for those prices that hit a little better, but who aren’t defensively solid. 
this wasn’t the year to invest real $ in free agents, even if they could.  And if nothing else, and there probably isn’t much else, the Sox will have a first rate defensive team out there.

They don't all play good D.

They all have reputations for playing good D, sometimes several seasons ago.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

They don't all play good D.

They all have reputations for playing good D, sometimes several seasons ago.

Ten D was the worst White Sox regular last season in terms of negative defensive fielding and position adjustment via f-WAR, though he (and Vaughn) were penalized for playing more than the rest by that metric.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/major-league?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&type=8&season=2023&month=0&season1=2023&ind=0&team=4&qual=0&sortcol=20&sortdir=asc&pagenum=1

All five White Sox with the worst defensive fWAR fielding + position adjustment remain with the team.

1. -14.4 Benintendi
  2. -14.3 Vaughn
  3. -12.7 Jimenez
  4. -9.2 Sheets
  5. -8.4 Colas
  6. -3.9 Burger

19 minutes ago, PorkChopExpress said:

That's funny because I think that's Davis Martin, who's listed at 6'2".  But I'm thinking the other guy is 6'9" Lane Ramsey.

Ha, thanks for identifying. Not quite the contrast as when Muggsy Bogues and Manute Bol walked past me when they were with the Bullets and I was an Andy Frain Usher postgame at the Chicago Stadium.

That was crazy, looked like a dad and his small child, then again I and just about everyone else looked very small compared to Manute. he was so skinny, he was the most unique looking person I've seen in person.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Ha, thanks for identifying. Not quite the contrast as when Muggsy Bogues and Manute Bol walked past me when they were with the Bullets and I was an Andy Frain Usher postgame at the Chicago Stadium.

That was crazy, looked like a dad and his small child, then again I and just about everyone else looked very small compared to Manute. he was so skinny, he was the most unique looking person I've seen in person.

Classic photo of those guys:

1487432709_c93b.jpg

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Classic photo of those guys:

1487432709_c93b.jpg

What really stood out to me, is just how skinny his arms and legs were relative to his height and body.  I believe he was under 200 lbs when he first joined the NBA. I also remember Spud Webb, who was absolutely amazing.

LmpwZw

Manute and Spud Webb

d2ViYi5qcGc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

What really stood out to me, is just how skinny his arms and legs were relative to his height and body.  I believe he was under 200 lbs when he first joined the NBA. I also remember Spud Webb, who was absolutely amazing.

LmpwZw

Manute and Spud Webb

d2ViYi5qcGc

images.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Fire 1