3/17 - Sox @ A's

I know, Spring Training, but if Korey Lee keeps this up and Martin Maldonado continues being the worst major league hitter on the team, is Maldonado gonna be the recipient of the Jeff Keppinger award?

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Quin said:

I know, Spring Training, but if Korey Lee keeps this up and Martin Maldonado continues being the worst major league hitter on the team, is Maldonado gonna be the recipient of the Jeff Keppinger award?

Interesting thought. My only comment would be does Getz want to admit so early in his tenure that he screwed up and wasted JR's money by cutting him?

Me thinks not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Millions of dollars for doing nothing? I wish I was eligible for that award.

3 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Two of the worst teams in baseball with no TV and no radio. If they didn't play the game and just sent fake stats into the league office, you think anyone would notice?

There's A's radio for this one. It's actually interesting hearing their broadcast say "the Sox really struggled with [thing]" last year and then have to admit that the A's were, in fact, worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

There's A's radio for this one. It's actually interesting hearing their broadcast say "the Sox really struggled with [thing]" last year and then have to admit that the A's were, in fact, worse.

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Another K for Fletcher.  He has been brutal.

If he’s not ready, it might not be a bad idea just to go with Sheets and Pillar for a while. Sheets is bad in the field, but it’s not like he’s out there all the time. Plus, we suck anyway, so if Fletcher needs time in Charlotte to get the bat going, so be it.

44 minutes ago, flavum said:

If he’s not ready, it might not be a bad idea just to go with Sheets and Pillar for a while. Sheets is bad in the field, but it’s not like he’s out there all the time. Plus, we suck anyway, so if Fletcher needs time in Charlotte to get the bat going, so be it.

If Fletcher's not ready now, he never will be. He's 26. 

I think they're going to give him a chance anyway but if he looks anything like he has in spring during the regular season it is already a dumb trade regardless of what Mena does. 

• Thanks 2

Interesting point in the rebuild: Do they want to see what they have in people like Lee and Leasure and Nastrini or are they going to value veterans exclusively, which seems to be Pedro's jam?

2 hours ago, Quin said:

I like the idea of seeing if he wants to be a coach in the organization and convert his contract into management if he is open to it. 

Sounds like someone the Sox could benefit from if he was helping coach players and impart proper ways of doing things to the FO and coaching staff. I’d be fine with him serving as bench coach and or a unassigned coach under Montoyo after releasing Pedro in May.

3 hours ago, Quin said:

Fwiw, this is exactly how Maldonado was treated last year. Way better catcher offensively and defensively in Yainer Diaz constantly on the bench because Dusty has to have his veteran catcher. 

• Like 1

Cannon gives up the solo shot. Game ends 3-3. Gotta say, though. Cannon sounded good. Threw a lot of strikes. His upside is limited, but I could imagine him as a fill-in at some point this year.

• Like 1

Cannon gave up a solo shot to lead off his 4th inning of work, so the game ends as a 3-3 tie.

He finished with 4IP, 4H, 1ER, 0BB, 4K. Nastrini also went 4IP (0ER), and pitched out of a jam after a leadoff walk and single in his last inning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1