2024 MLB News not AL Central related

flavum

14 minutes ago, flavum said:

Would not be surprised if the Mets, Phillies and Orioles move opening day to Friday.

Opening Day games Thursday could start at 3p, including the Sox.

Someone needs to start a "Fire The Weather" thread.

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Does this mean at all, or guys they traded away don't count?

Both. No production for the Yanks, and none of the traded guys produced at the MLB level for another team either.

But at least the second part probably changes soon with Oliver Dunn (2019 11th round Yanks pick, Rule 5'd and then traded) making the Brewers OD roster.

Look around the league at some opening day starters, like Angels and Mets. Sox rotation is not the worst out there, it seems. I think the Angels may lose A LOT of games. Then they’ll draft Holliday, he’ll become the best player in baseball and they still won’t win.

6 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He has a strong arm and is decent defensively. He also really likes to strike out.  Can't imagine he's not an upgrade over Perez or Robinson or likely Lee.  

I'm still of the opinion that Hackenberg is going to be the starting catcher on this team. That guy is very good on both sides and still improving but nobody thinks of him as a proper prospect. 

Which I guess is to say I think this organization has enough catchers. Bart is an OK player but why is SFG DFAing him? Why can't he back up their young guy, Bailey? They couldn't trade him?

55 minutes ago, Snopek said:

No-hitters are cool

That’s the kind of thing that reminds me how jaded I am. I’m no longer impressed by no-hitters because I’ve seen so many. They should be so much more intriguing to me, but they just aren’t. Doesn’t help that I was in attendance for statistically the worst no-hitter of all time.