4/7 Games

BamaDoc

12 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I'm not so much questioning the approach. Just want to start seeing the ability to hit.

It's early. I cannot wait to see his new swing. They do have him hitting 3rd, so he must have shown them something in the Spring.  But, yeah, it would've been nice for him to get off to a better start.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

It's early. I cannot wait to see his new swing. They do have him hitting 3rd, so he must have shown them something in the Spring.  But, yeah, it would've been nice for him to get off to a better start.

I saw a video from spring training. It looked better from his other swing though it couldn't possibly look worse.  I just don't think there will be any impact there.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mendick got some insurance with a 3R homer bottom 8. Montgomery nearly followed him up but settled for a double off the wall instead.

Kohl and Dominguez both pitched 4IP and gave up 1 ER. Justin Anderson got the 9th.

Knights win 6-2. Colson 3-5 with a double, Colas 1-4, DeLoach 1-3 with a walk and SB. Mendick 2-4 with a 2B, HR, and 3 RBI.

4K day for Hack. Colas had a nice OF assist to cut down a run at the plate.

Edited by Autumn Dreamin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

But Aly insisted this kid wasn't anything to write home about.

I phrased it wrong. What I meant is that I need to see more in the upper minors before I completely buy in. He's ranked highly for a reason, and I'm not denying that he's talented. 

Eder can't catch a break in the 4th. Two infield hits on plays that probably should have been made. Gives up a second run. He looks better than last year, but not as dominant as he was pre-TJS.

• Like 3