4/8 Sox @ Cleveland (4:10CT) - Banks vs. McKenzie

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Don’t kill my hope. Not yet. Let me think positive for once.

If Jerry is selling the team now, you know damn well it will be to someone with a similar philosophy to ownership as him.

11 minutes ago, Saufley said:

And I thought I might be the only one not watching this garbage. I haven't turned it on either. I've been around for a lot of years and have never seen a Sox team this disinteresting! The ownership group should be ashamed of themselves!!

I don't think they are at all in this regard. Still getting a lot of money from the domestic and international revenue streams. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

If Jerry is selling the team now, you know damn well it will be to someone with a similar philosophy to ownership as him.

Anything is possible I guess but I have a hard time thinking he's selling given the capital gains and state income tax hits along with his rare comments of what he said he is going to do and what he's told his family. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

It would be highest seller. The only thing Jerry has ever, ever cared about is “winning” the deal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The 2010 Mariners scored a modern worst 3.17 runs per game. We can beat that. 

They'd have to score 3.276 runs/game going forward to tie it....i think they destroy it

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I admit, I've not watched a single pitch this season, not worth supporting this debacle at the moment.

But...I just wanted to go look at stats, and.....you're telling me this team has 7 HRs and 15 RBIs TOTAL, through almost 10 games???

No one should be at the stadium, watching this effort by an indifferent front office.

I’m ok with the 7 HRs in 10 games for some reason (you’re not going to homer in every game, right?)… but, 15 runs in 10 games is an embarrassment.

5 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

I'm stuck in Paducah KY and I'm not fighting the traffic home until tomorrow. I love reading this thread!

Dippin Dots headquarters/factory is there. Make a stop

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The 2010 Mariners scored a modern worst 3.17 runs per game. We can beat that. 

They are hitting .091 with risp this year and have 16 runs in 10 games (6 came in one game). Garfien is on the postgame saying they're all pressing. No Chuck they just blow ass

• Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nothing to do with sale. Has everything to do with awful attendance last year and horrible attendance projections.  It’s going to keep getting worse.

Attendance is bad...put an even shittier product on the field...genius.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Anything is possible I guess but I have a hard time thinking he's selling given the capital gains and state income tax hits along with his rare comments of what he said he is going to do and what he's told his family. 

I have always assumed he will keep it until he passes and then the kids will sell it. I think they will hold onto the Bulls (although they have managed to run that franchise into the ground as well) 

Its bad enough that Burger and Madrigal were traded for nothing. Both of them are better than  Moncada and Lopez. It seems like they have really screwed up at shortstop. Both of the present shortstops can't hit nor field very well.  Wouldn't it been better to bring back Anderson? I realize they didn't want to pay  Anderson $14 million dollars and the game plan is to have Montgomery at shortstop sometime this 2024 season. I'm hoping Montgomery is  called up sooner rather than later.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

10 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

I'm stuck in Paducah KY and I'm not fighting the traffic home until tomorrow. I love reading this thread!

Stopped in Paducah back from a road trip to NC during the pandemic 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Its bad enough that Burger and Madrigal were traded for nothing. Both of them are better than  Moncada and Lopez. It seems like they have really screwed up at shortstop. Both of the present shortstops can't hit nor field very well.  Wouldn't it been better to bring back Anderson? I realize they didn't want to pay  Anderson $14 million dollars and the game plan is to have Montgomery at shortstop sometime this 2024 season. I'm hoping Montgomery is  called up sooner rather than later.

TA: 

262 .295

we have a lot of problems, not paying him 14 million thank god isn't one of them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

I have always assumed he will keep it until he passes and then the kids will sell it. I think they will hold onto the Bulls (although they have managed to run that franchise into the ground as well) 

Harold keeps suggesting he won’t sell, and they won’t be sold after JR dies

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Stopped in Paducah back from a road trip to NC during the pandemic 

They have a nice lake? Or a good restaurant?

Let’s talk about that instead 😁