4/10 Sox @ Guardians 5:10PM CT

Just now, PaleAleSox said:

Grifol fucked that one up and Benintendi is a loser. 

he's gotta be the worst player on the team right now, i'd rather see colas in LF than this piece of trash

• Like 1

AB just killed this team tonight all he had to do was make contact, failed twice. Shaw closing ever is absurd, but yet nothing is Grifol fault. I hope park is 90% empty all weekend.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 1

Just now, PaleAleSox said:

Also no one gives a s%*# about your gambling wagers. 

I’d been waiting all game to hear about it!!! But he didn’t tell me about his fantasy team, the big tease…

3rd game this season Sox had a lead in the 7th inning or later and lost. 

3-15 runners in scoring position.

Hope Getz got an eyeful watching this team of buffoons try to play baseball. 

1 minute ago, oldsox said:

Shaw's gotta be gone this weekend.

That would totally ruin my prediction of him pitching more games than Yoan + Eloy play.

Edited by JoeC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

3rd game this season Sox had a lead in the 7th inning or later and lost. 

3-15 runners in scoring position.

Hope Getz got an eyeful watching this team of buffoons try to play baseball. 

And his manager making every bad decision possible.

2 hours ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

at least post the link to the tweet if you're gonna steal something. 

In other news I now see the tweet you were talking about

Yeah, I hadn't seen this. I just truly love the shaq meme.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

That my friends was one horrifically managed baseball game. 

It's game after game like this.

Each reliever gets his inning.  But don't tire them any, 150 games left to play.

Bryan Shaw - good gracious, he shouldn't have even made the team out of the Spring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't get it. You let Kopech go 2, but not Wilson? I just want consistent logic from the manager. He was at 7 pitches, he breezed through the prior inning. He is not in any way on a pitch count or coming back from injury. He was ready to go out there and win it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

I’d been waiting all game to hear about it!!! But he didn’t tell me about his fantasy team, the big tease…

Got robert and moncada. Not doing well.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Hang an L on Grifol.  Dude pulled Wilson after 7 pitches to have Shaw close it out.  What a clown of a manager.

Wilson pitched 1.1 innings on April 5th

1.0 April 7th

1.0 April 9

and 1 today. That's 4 appearances in 6 days You don't have your best RP pitching every other day or more in this case. You sacrifice today to perhaps keep Wilson healthy for the trade deadline. The loss or win today  means nothing.

But please keep giving the meatball takes.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • TLR 1

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Wilson pitched 1.1 innings on April 5th

1.0 April 7th

1.0 April 9

and 1 today. That's 4 appearances in 6 days You don't have your best RP pitching every other day or more in this case. You sacrifice today to perhaps keep Wilson healthy for the trade deadline. The loss or win today  means nothing.

I doubt they are moving Wilson at the deadline. Don’t they have him for like four more years? They’ll keep him around. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I don't get it. You let Kopech go 2, but not Wilson? I just want consistent logic from the manager. He was at 7 pitches, he breezed through the prior inning. He is not in any way on a pitch count or coming back from injury. He was ready to go out there and win it.

And Wilson’s stuff is way better than junkballer Shaw.  Throwing Shaw out there with a runner on 2B already with no outs is madness.

This one is squarely on Grifol.  A. Should have squeezed with Benintendi, B. Should never had taken out Wilson, and C. Should never have pitched to Naylor in the 10th.  

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I doubt they are moving Wilson at the deadline. Don’t they have him for like four more years? They’ll keep him around. 

He isn’t a free agent until 2028, but he’s already 29 years old.  I could see the Sox selling high on him at the deadline if he is having a really good first half.  He is dirt cheap too so he could have a lot of trade value if he’s pitching well.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The 2 was the anomaly.   Usually, everybody gets an inning.   He just doesn't manage to win the game.
Not surprisingly, when he doesn't do his usual and lets Kopech pitch 2, the Sox win.

"Oh those melons; if he's able; we're to have a feast, so nice."
"One goes to the Abbot's table; all of us get each a slice."

Robert Browning

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

And Wilson’s stuff is way better than junkballer Shaw.  Throwing Shaw out there with a runner on 2B already with no outs is madness.

Yes of course let's sacrifice our best relief pitcher's health for 1 more win in a 100 loss season the day after Moncada's health was sacrificed .  Today was his 4th appearance in 6 days. How do you or anyone else think you know anything about baseball with this hot take ?