Schriffen says he was aiming at “Sportscasters”

27 minutes ago, Quin said:

God if only someone would say something about the state of this team.

Anyway, one of my friends who isn't a baseball fan sent this to me:

I like that video u posted here. ... I can forgive Schriffen. I won't be watching any games so I won't be able to rate him as a play by play guy. But I forgive him as I thought he was referring to fans who have been hating on the team. I can understand his excuse and I forgive him. ... He's in a tough spot as he has to be a homer and can't pull a Hawk and tell it like it is. Q: Does our radio crew, two good vets in D. Jackson and Kasper rip the Sox at all? When I've been in the car they haven't been real negative but not sickening homer either. If things get too bad they are kind of funny telling anecdotes about things besides the Sox. ... I assume Stone has changed from last year and is more quiet and trying to be as nice as he can be to the club and manager.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tray said:

Haters hate regardless of win/loss record, but the terrible start to the year has empowered critics to talk garbage.

Haters hate teams with terrible owners and front offices that have no hope of winning and actually don’t even try to compete.

The Sox went 61-101 last season and they are now on pace for a 31-131 record, and you are surprised there are critics of the Sox?  Really?

It is quite comical how your hate is so meatballishly misdirected at your so called “trolls, wise-guys, detractors and Cub fans” considering Jerry Reinsdorf is the single root cause of all of the Sox problems.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, tray said:

True WSox fans have been getting sick and tired of trolls, wise-guys, detractors and Cub fans relishing in our misery and every loss. It's gotten really old and something needed to be said. 

I think what true White Sox fans are sick of is bad baseball and a bad organization. This isn't what we were promised. The good news or bad news depending on which side of the fence you stand , is very few heard Schriffin's diss. The team was already tuned out not a month into the season. Bad teams get made fun of. That's life. If Benetti were still with the White Sox and Schriffin go the Tigers job, don't you think he would be amazed at how bad the White Sox happen to be? 6-25. It's really unbelievable. 

What is it going to take for the White Sox to deliver on their promise? A couple billion for a new ballpark? 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, tray said:

True WSox fans have been getting sick and tired of trolls, wise-guys, detractors and Cub fans relishing in our misery and every loss. It's gotten really old and something needed to be said. 

You are no more true than anyone else.  His schtick sucks almost as bad as yours 

5 hours ago, tray said:

Haters hate regardless of win/loss record, but the terrible start to the year has empowered critics to talk garbage.

And people who wear blinders refuse to acknowledge the truth.  Weird how things work 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

And people who wear blinders refuse to acknowledge the truth.  Weird how things work 

The truth as you call it is that the Sox do not have the talent that Minnesota or Detroit have, especially with a line-up depleted with injuries and players like Bennintendi and Vaughn who have had a terrible start.  However, in most of the 10 losses to them, the Sox competed and several games were lost by one or 2 runs. I was at some of those games rooting for the WSox. Were you or do you simply want to join in on the fun that sarcastic sportscasters on the Score or cub fans have been having as they relish in every WSox loss... or openly wish for Jerry Reinsdorf's death. Count me out on that garbage and yes, some hatred that has revealed itself. At the end of the day, baseball is a game. Don't take it so seriously, especially if you are just another fan of the game.

Edited by tray

13 minutes ago, tray said:

The truth as you call it is that the Sox do not have the talent that Minnesota or Detroit have, especially with a line-up depleted with injuries and players like Bennintendi and Vaughn who have had a terrible start.  However, in most of the 10 losses to them, the Sox competed and several games were lost by one or 2 runs. I was at some of those games rooting for the WSox. Were you or do you simply want to join in on the fun that sarcastic sportscasters on the Score or cub fans have been having as they relish in every WSox loss... or openly wish for Jerry Reinsdorf's death. Count me out on that garbage and yes, some hatred that has revealed itself. At the end of the day, baseball is a game. Don't take it so seriously, especially if you are just another fan of the game.

So you say don't take baseball so seriously and cry about people making FUN and JOKING about how bad the White Sox are. The one taking this too seriously is you. The White Sox suck. That cannot be denied. Some of us can still have fun with it. You seem to be so concerned with Cubs fans having legitimate rips about the team.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, tray said:

TRUE White Sox fans are sick of the things causing the losses WAY more than they are the rest of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

TRUE White Sox fans are sick of the things causing the losses WAY more than they are the rest of it.

What makes you a "TRUE" White Sox fan? I have been a WSox fan for over 50 years. I still attend a lot of games. Do you?

34 minutes ago, tray said:

What makes you a "TRUE" White Sox fan? I have been a WSox fan for over 50 years. I still attend a lot of games. Do you?

What makes you the authority on the entire fan base anymore than someone else, after all this started with YOUR claim.  Besides we could always poll the two ideas and see the responses. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tray said:

Attendance and your attention to the team doesn’t make you a better fan.  Fans are allowed to criticize

• Like 3

There is a difference between being a hater and calling a spade a spade.

The White Sox are pitifully atrocious right now in all facets of the game. They deserve all the criticism and mockery they are getting right now, they are 6-25!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, tray said:

I have been a fan over 60 years. That doesn't change the fact that the team is bad, and that its owner only cares about a new stadium that someone else will pay for.

• Like 2

Just now, T R U said:

There is a difference between being a hater and calling a spade a spade.

The White Sox are pitifully atrocious right now in all facets of the game. They deserve all the criticism and mockery they are getting right now, they are 6-25!!

That’s awful cubs fan sounding of you, Tru

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tray said:

The garbage has revealed itself indeed 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tray said:

I have been a White Sox fan since I was 4 years old. Dick Allen "retired" from the White Sox on my birthday when I was a little kid, and it ruined the entire day for me. I had full season tickets around 20 years and partials about 8 or 9. The White Sox suck. I don't go to games anymore. They deserve all the crap they are getting.

I don't mind John Schriffin. I even like his Stand Up deal. But he got in over his skis calling anyone out for criticizing or just laughing at this team.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tray said:

Congratulations for deciding to put more money into the pockets of the worst owner in professional sports.  You know, the very reason the Sox are so terrible.  You should be so proud of yourself right now.  A true fan that is contributing to the Sox never improving, as long as Jerry makes his money.

mama-mia-thats-a-spicy-meatball.png

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, tray said:

True Sox fans are sick of the “gatekeepers” who believe the team can do no wrong and blindly give their allegiance to a franchise that actively hates them.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Quin said:

God if only someone would say something about the state of this team.

Anyway, one of my friends who isn't a baseball fan sent this to me:

Not familiar with the new draft rules, why are they capped at 10th overall?