5/6: Sox @ Rays 5:50 CDT: Clevinger day?

1 minute ago, cuban_sammiches said:

I'm not sure what the purpose of Nicky Lopez is.

That trade is just horrific when you look at who the Sox received.  Rather just have the 40 man spots than the group of mediocrity they received.

• Like 5

Clevinger is tipping his pitches. When he throws his breaking ball he adjusts his grip right before his delivery and it's really obvious. He doesn't do that on fastballs.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

the contact play against MLB defenders is dumb, you'll never convince me otherwise.

Agree 100%, especially with the infield playing in, that was a gift out there.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We sure are practicing pickoffs right. We've had 3 already this year? Put that guy in charge of the entire org.

That was #6. MLB lead is 7, it's one of the few, if only, stats we are near the top of the leaderboard in. 

Just now, DoUEvenShift said:

That was #6. MLB lead is 7, it's one of the few, if only, stats we are near the top of the leaderboard in. 

It's amazing they can be so good at pickoffs, but so terrible at holding runners. But, perhaps they go hand in hand. Lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

That trade is just horrific when you look at who the Sox received.  Rather just have the 40 man spots than the group of mediocrity they received.

I got tired of Bummer, but they really got back a bunch of minor leaguers. Maybe Shuster can still develop into someone useful, but there's really no hope for the rest.