5/20 2:07 CDT Sox @ Toronto

1 minute ago, Pale Sox said:

This is easily the least likeable and watchable team I can remember.

Watching them feels like a chore. 

Well 80% of this roster is garbage veterans who won't be here next year. Hopefully we at least get a second half filled with kids.

16 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

I don’t really care about the outcome. The team is obviously awful. 
but…there’s no real reason to watch. It’s just bad baseball played by guys that should be bench players. 
I can’t fucking wait for new ownership. 

It can’t get here soon enough, I despise JR and what he has done to our franchise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I can easily see the team losing 10 straight over the rest of the week. It is now at four...and counting. 

Have to bump my longest losing streak poll thread if it gets to 10. Think most people said somewhere around 10-13.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Probably worse but last year was more unlikable 

There was hope last year that they would be good.  This offseason, we watched our new GM sign a bunch of guys that everyone knew would suck.

I don’t find any of these terrible vets likable.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

Last year was bad, but this feels worse. 

nah we knew they would suck this year, last year had some hope and a bunch of unlikable guys

Man, Sox are back in the dregs of the league category. Well we rode Pham's hot streak for a while. Time to rest him two games a week. Vaughn after that two HR game is back in the tank. DeJong busts loose.

We pretty much got raced by a better team.

Sox are 4-20 on the road which is almost an automatic loss every night. 10-14 at home not gawd awful. Looks like we've come down to earth after the 8-6 run; should be interesting. All facets of the game are currently failing, especially the hitting.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I can easily see the team losing 10 straight over the rest of the week. It is now at four...and counting. 

If we lose 10-13 in a row we could be back to hoping Pedro gets the proverbial axe. Like I said 'excitement' from the Pham/Ramos/Mendick/Clevinger additions and DeJong/Lee revival is pretty much gone. Sox need to do something to get the .460 juices rolling again not the lose 8-9 of every 10 juices.

Edited by greg775

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

And yes batting Vaughn second is a fireable offense even with few lineup options to consider.

Could get worse.  Leadoff??

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pale Sox said:

The amount of high-currency Nick Hostetler spent on zero tool players is astounding 

The jury is still out on Shirley but the early returns are promising

Crochet, Montgomery, Schultz, Gonzalez. 

I'm not sure that Gonzalez was a Shirley pick because one of these things is not like the others; one of these things does not belong.