Kopech drawing interest

4 hours ago, 4OCS said:

Oops wrong thread

There are several topics that are universal on this board.

I'm pretty sure anything related to Maldonado's playing time is one such topic.

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2024 at 9:03 AM, wegner said:

Does whoever we get for him count for the "Who won the Chris Sale" argument?

karma is real. There was no reward in the draft for screwing up all these years. Jerry is the only one who keeps being rewarded no matter what his executives are up to. The surest sign that Jerry is well rewarded is his fierce loyalty to failures.

This is why teams like the Dodgers and Red Sox are good year afteryear.  They just don't give up their good prospects and shitty GM's like those of the White Sox are willing to pull the trigger on lesser talent.  Both of those teams knew what they were giving up.  The Sox should have stood firm and insisted on Devers for Sale.  I can just imagine these other GM's, after making a deal with the Sox, laughing their asses off saying how they just robbed the Sox.

8 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Considering he's in his 10th year of professional baseball and still hasn't figured it out, I doubt he ever had a lot of value in 24. Front office's aren't that dumb. 

Yeah, that's not true.  Bad contracts and deals happen all of the time.  We might not get a dream deal for him, but someone will be in "I can fix him" mode.  Relief pitching is too expensive at the deadline for that not to be true.

8 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Dumpster fire with a near 5 ERA.  Only another stupid GM like Getz would trade for this bum.

I disagree on this. I think other GMs have seen the success that former Sox have had with other teams once they're out of our org. They can take talented players and unlock their potential.

Take Reynaldo Lopez: 4.38 ERA through 7 seasons with the Sox, 4.29 ERA in his last season with us. Every year we kept saying "maybe this is the year he figures it out!". And every year, he didn't. 

An actual professional organization like the Braves get their hands on him and suddenly he's put up 2.2 WAR through less than half a season, and a 1.85 ERA and 223 ERA+

WE'RE the problem, not players like Kopech. I don't think last night's game has any impact on that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I disagree on this. I think other GMs have seen the success that former Sox have had with other teams once they're out of our org. They can take talented players and unlock their potential.

Take Reynaldo Lopez: 4.38 ERA through 7 seasons with the Sox, 4.29 ERA in his last season with us. Every year we kept saying "maybe this is the year he figures it out!". And every year, he didn't. 

An actual professional organization like the Braves get their hands on him and suddenly he's put up 2.2 WAR through less than half a season, and a 1.85 ERA and 223 ERA+

WE'RE the problem, not players like Kopech. I don't think last night's game has any impact on that.

This whole misnomer that players do automatically better when they leave the white sox is such bull crap.

Have some done well  .........sure  (Lopez, 

Most have not....... (Anderson, Giolitto, steele walker (people were losing minds over him)

Some have stayed what they are......mediocre (Lynn, Grandal)

These are just examples.......tell me who has become a star after leaving the white sox? Lopez has had a great 60 games and I hope he continues but come on man!!!

The problem is the White sox......not because players get better after leaving them BUT because they have had a hard time evaluating real talent.

Edited by 2Deep
  • Thanks 1