2 hours ago2 hr MLB is so messed up. The Sox and Cubs are in the playoffs and on regular TV in Chicago, you can watch every playoff game except theirs.
2 hours ago2 hr I don't like using Smith in the first simply because it takes him out of the equation later in the game. If he goes two strong and then the bulk guy gets them 5, that's cool but that's not how this seems to work for them.
2 hours ago2 hr 2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:I don't like using Smith in the first simply because it takes him out of the equation later in the game. If he goes two strong and then the bulk guy gets them 5, that's cool but that's not how this seems to work for them.Agreed. I would have gone Sandlin to start with Hagen the short leash today-thursday for 2 innings each.
1 hour ago1 hr 46 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:MLB is so messed up. The Sox and Cubs are in the playoffs and on regular TV in Chicago, you can watch every playoff game except theirs.Genuine question: how the hell do I watch these games?Edit: I guess I do get NBCSN. Didn't even know I had it. This is indeed ridiculous, though. Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by 35thstreetswarm
1 hour ago1 hr 22 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:I don't like using Smith in the first simply because it takes him out of the equation later in the game. If he goes two strong and then the bulk guy gets them 5, that's cool but that's not how this seems to work for them.A strong start is important (Hagen gives you a good chance for that). It gives our lineup a chance to jump ahead.
1 hour ago1 hr If you've got Xfinity internet, you may have Peacock for free without even knowing. Don't know if that still is a thing or not since I haven't had Xfinity in a while but just tossing that out there. Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by Bob Sacamano
1 hour ago1 hr 8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:If you've got Xfinity internet, you may have Peacock for free without even knowing. Don't know if that still is a thing or not since I haven't had that in a while but just tossing that out there.I still do. No idea if anything has changed.
1 hour ago1 hr Suppose Hagen goes 1-2-3 in the first. I will be most curious to see what happens next. I expect there to be a gaggle of righties after Yordan in the batting order. Do the Sox try to get 2 or 3 innings from Hagen, or do they just transition to the bulk righty of their choosing once the dragon (Yordan) is slayed?
1 hour ago1 hr Off topic but I don’t care:Just watched (again) that Mune locker room celebration video “One-Hundred!!” It is pure joy, pure joy, especially for those of us who watched and suffered through the 121 loss season. And I always liked Brooke Fletcher, but after that interview, getting drenched while she’s working yet celebrating with them; she is so genuine; now I love her.
1 hour ago1 hr Teams had to submit their playoff rosters to the league 15 minutes ago, so we should see how that looks imminently.
39 minutes ago39 min If you have Prime it looks like you can get a free 1 week subscription to Peacock.Maybe we should edit the OP with some viewing options. Edited 38 minutes ago38 min by Southwest Sider
26 minutes ago26 min Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad....and kick the Astros ass!
23 minutes ago23 min 36 minutes ago, Jake said:Teams had to submit their playoff rosters to the league 15 minutes ago, so we should see how that looks imminently.10am in the city the game is played, so in 10 minutes
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.