9 hours ago9 hr 7 minutes ago, hi8is said:I drank for the first time in almost 15 years 😆You sure that was a good idea?
9 hours ago9 hr 3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:A wonderfully stressful yet satisfying game. Love how they played like they felt like they belonged, nobody looked like they were afraid of the momentSome in the game thread were, though!
9 hours ago9 hr 2 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:Can someone explain to me why Taylor doesn't get a save?They were up 4 when he came in and he didn't go 3 innings.
9 hours ago9 hr I’m a 62-year old man. I have two grown sons and another in HS. I’m incredibly happily married. I enjoy my job and who I work with yet this win brought tears to my eyes. I’m a softie and a sucker for my teams especially when they’re so much fun!Edit…only one of the sons is a Sox fan. I claim the other two anyway. Edited 8 hours ago8 hr by JTB
9 hours ago9 hr I feel like Sox have been living on hard mode all year with pitching that these dudes don’t bat an eye.And it continues to be bewildering how good our offense is.
8 hours ago8 hr I actually think the Sox bullpen being used like this all year benefits us (assuming they're not all fatigued to hell). You saw Mattingly trying to use Duran for 2 innings and it totally backfired on him. Because he was a 1 inning pitcher all year. Our guys being used to these situations is a big advantage. We've basically been using our relievers like it's the playoffs all year, so this is nothing new to them.
8 hours ago8 hr Author 11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:A wonderfully stressful yet satisfying game. Love how they played like they felt like they belonged, nobody looked like they were afraid of the momentdefense was really good all game, everybody made the plays and then some.
8 hours ago8 hr Cleanest game we’ve seen in a while from the Sox. Keep it up Edited 8 hours ago8 hr by Bob Sacamano
8 hours ago8 hr 7 minutes ago, JTB said:I’m a 62-year old man. I have two grown sons and another in HS. I’m incredibly happily married. I enjoy my job and who I work with yet this win brought tears to my eyes. I’m a softie and a sucker for my teams especially when they’re so much fun!Edit…only one of the sons is a Sox fan. I claim the other two anyway.My daughter, son in law, and grandkids live in Houston. I claim them too.
8 hours ago8 hr 2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:Cleanest game we’ve seen in a while from the Sox. Keep it upI loved our approach on offense. It's gonna be tough against Brown, but if they are patient like they were today, good things will happen.
8 hours ago8 hr 6 minutes ago, chw42 said:I actually think the Sox bullpen being used like this all year benefits us (assuming they're not all fatigued to hell). You saw Mattingly trying to use Duran for 2 innings and it totally backfired on him. Because he was a 1 inning pitcher all year. Our guys being used to these situations is a big advantage. We've basically been using our relievers like it's the playoffs all year, so this is nothing new to them.Sox set a record with most 1.1+ BP appearances on the season. Edited 8 hours ago8 hr by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
8 hours ago8 hr 8 minutes ago, chw42 said:I actually think the Sox bullpen being used like this all year benefits us (assuming they're not all fatigued to hell). You saw Mattingly trying to use Duran for 2 innings and it totally backfired on him. Because he was a 1 inning pitcher all year. Our guys being used to these situations is a big advantage. We've basically been using our relievers like it's the playoffs all year, so this is nothing new to them.This is like the Dan Campbell “we will go for it on fourth all the time so the guys aren’t nervous” school (in a good way)
8 hours ago8 hr 20 minutes ago, ron883 said:You sure that was a good idea?They won…. So all is well in the world.
8 hours ago8 hr Colson Montgomery 2nd youngest player to Homer in White Sox playoff history.Who is the 1st ?Luis Robert Jr. 487 footer against the A's in 2020. Edited 7 hours ago7 hr by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
8 hours ago8 hr 22 minutes ago, bmags said:Raise your hand if you were nervous seeing Taylor for inning 3I was glad he was back out there even if a little surprised . I just didnt want to see Brazoban, Hudson or Schultz.
8 hours ago8 hr 41 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:my stomach hurts, I have a headache but we won!!I am not sure I am cut out for this health wise lolDitto. Was sitting there while Grant was pitching and I was like holy s%*#, I’m shaking and feel really anxious. That’s probably not a good thing considering it’s only WC game 1 in what is hopefully a long playoff run. Blum nailed it…we looked like the more poised and experienced team.
8 hours ago8 hr Walking on air. So many things went right tonight, and this team looked like a different playoff team than we’ve ever seen (outside of 05). Usually the Sox get overmatched early and often, this time they stepped on the jugular and never took their foot off of it.One of the most satisfying things was Colson being hit by a pitch and then teeing off in the next AB. Here’s to a clean slate after game 162!
8 hours ago8 hr 12 minutes ago, Texsox said:I feel like I'm going to wake up in rehab to learn this was just a hallucination.Hopefully the hallucination keeps going through the World Series!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.