Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM

Featured Replies

You know CLE will go Messick G1 and Gavin G2.

Then you are on to the Griffin/Bibee spot.

Thankfully bulllpen can recharge on Sunday Tuesday Friday...

Being reported on Twitter that Chris Murphy will be the opener

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You know CLE will go Messick G1 and Gavin G2.

Then you are on to the Griffin/Bibee spot.

Thankfully bulllpen can recharge on Sunday Tuesday Friday...

Yeah I just saw the schedule and it's a big advantage for us.

We can start Martin in game 1 on Saturday and then go to Burke for game 2 on full rest since that's on Monday. Then we can go Kay or Fedde in game 3 and bullpen game for game 4. We can even choose between Burke and Martin for game 5.

Sox went 7-6 v Guards no dreaming.

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

Being reported on Twitter that Chris Murphy will be the opener

That I think would be a mistake.

29 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You know CLE will go Messick G1 and Gavin G2.

Then you are on to the Griffin/Bibee spot.

Thankfully bulllpen can recharge on Sunday Tuesday Friday...

Enjoy game 3 with your dad.

13 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That I think would be a mistake.

He's joking lol

6 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Enjoy game 3 with your dad.

That would be pretty difficult.

He passed away in 1999...but he brought me to all the games I could handle as a teenager, even though he really wasn't a big baseball fan himself.

My most poignant memories are actually driving over from the QCities with one of my best friends and his father (huge Sox fan, passed away at 77 to Lewy-Body Dementia) to so many weekend games in the summertime.

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That would be pretty difficult.

He passed away in 1999...but he brought me to all the games I could handle as a teenager, even though he really wasn't a big baseball fan himself.

My most poignant memories are actually driving over from the QCities with one of my best friends and his father (huge Sox fan, passed away at 77 to Lewy-Body Dementia) to so many weekend games in the summertime.

Okay, I thought you said you were coming to the states to see the first post-season game with your dad. I really was rooting for that.

5 hours ago, Green Line said:

I don't think Davis Martin should pitch in the next series unless they completely run out of pitchers. Please god no.

Just when you start to think someone doesn't belong they prove that they do. At various points in the season Kay, Fedde , Acuna, Hagen , Schultz ,Colson, Braden, Murakami and on and on have taken their lumps from this board.

Yet we're still in it and the Red Sox, Cubs and Astros aren't.

Just have fun and stop worrying about who sucks and who doesn't. Unless they win the World Series all of us are going to end up a bit disappointed sooner or later.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Cleveland's pitching will be rested, but their bats will be cold, not having faced live in-game pitching for almost a week.

6 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

Cleveland's pitching will be rested, but their bats will be cold, not having faced live in-game pitching for almost a week.

Sox win the series 3-1. Cleveland’s rest will kill their luck mojo.

Don't wake me up.

I am trying to wrap my head around the Sox strategy for pitching. Is it that they lack arms that can go 6+ innings from the start that they get creative with openers, then a guy who goes for several innings and then lock down the later innings?

Or is it that they are unpredictable with who will pitch, making other teams have to scout every pitcher and have hitters adjust to the pitcher coming out of the pen?

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Sure wish he hadn't said that...too late now. How did that work out for Pedro Grifol?

Well, Grifol sucked and Vasil is awesome.

Not sure anyone uses the ticket exchange anymore but if you hear anyone selling please dm me please.

Noted Cubs fan Bruce LeVineLine actually made a decent point on The Score this morning that this series favors Venable and the Sox bullpen as they will have two days of rest between each game. So Venable can go a bit wild with his bullpen usage as he loves to do.

I like to think the Sox management are looking to re- shape their whole approach to pitching and roster construction

Total moneyball strategy on pitching staff.

Get 12-14 good arms out there and get 27 outs every nite as a group effort nitely.

30 million/year starters kill your ability to be nimble. That guy has arm trouble you are screwed. Spread good money among 14 guys with power arms. Everybody can go 2-3 innings and everybody gets plenty of work.

The way arms break down these days just spread the risk.

6 minutes ago, hawkeyesox said:

I like to think the Sox management are looking to re- shape their whole approach to pitching and roster construction

Total moneyball strategy on pitching staff.

Get 12-14 good arms out there and get 27 outs every nite as a group effort nitely.

30 million/year starters kill your ability to be nimble. That guy has arm trouble you are screwed. Spread good money among 14 guys with power arms. Everybody can go 2-3 innings and everybody gets plenty of work.

The way arms break down these days just spread the risk.

I’m not so sure this strategy is reasonable though. You need starters that can go 6-7 innings every now and then or the bullpen would get burned out.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’m not so sure this strategy is reasonable though. You need starters that can go 6-7 innings every now and then or the bullpen would get burned out.

I think they can get by with it in the ALDS because there are days off after games 1, 2, and 4. If the Sox advance past Cleveland the schedule is completely different in the ALCS with days off only after games 2 and 5.

11 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Sure wish he hadn't said that...too late now. How did that work out for Pedro Grifol?

I agree, though it is probably not that big of a deal. Cleveland has plenty of motivation without a quote from a Sox player to inspire them.

In any case, this is a year for the young White Sox to learn from their mistakes. If Cleveland manages to use the quote to inspire them, maybe the Sox players will learn not to give their future opponents posterboard material. The current Sox team should have more good seasons in front of them. I don't think that Grifol's did.

Edited by soxtalker999

I have a beer walk on Saturday, going from house to house trying craft beers and eating food. As excited as I am about that, I hope each house has the game playing. Last year, several houses had the Cubs game on, and I got to see the Brewers beat the hell out of them. Regardless, I will be drinking a lot of Saturday...for one reason or another.

12 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Sure wish he hadn't said that...too late now. How did that work out for Pedro Grifol?

I don’t think it matters if Cleveland is mad about this if Hagan Smith is dotting a corner for a strikeout. It won’t make them better.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.