10 hours ago10 hr I’m about half in the bag. I’m hoping the Sox play on my birthday for the third time in my lifetime. The first one wasn’t so good…Tito Fucking Landrum. Second was fine. Third could be epic as we close out the series at home!
5 hours ago5 hr Was hoping the 3pm start would open up some more tickets. Nope. My fault for not realizing how much I’d want to go
5 hours ago5 hr 5 hours ago, tray said:One strategy against an opponent with key offensive players is to try to limit their impact or as some say, don't let them beat you. The White Sox were successful in limiting Yordan Alvarez (1 for 7) in the Houston series. Likewise PCA went 0-7 against the Padres. Sox have to limit damage from Rocchio in the Cleveland series. I am sure the Sox pitching staff is focusing in on that player in particular.4 hours ago, JTB said:I’m about half in the bag. I’m hoping the Sox play on my birthday for the third time in my lifetime. The first one wasn’t so good…Tito Fucking Landrum. Second was fine. Third could be epic as we close out the series at home!I was at the Tito Landrum game. 1983....Brit Burns ...Jerry Dybzinski etc.
5 hours ago5 hr Against Messick, I want to see the following lineup. Stats are wRC+ against LHP on a full season basis and for the last two months.C. Meidroth, 2B (187 | 287)R. Grichuk, RF (197 | 233)M. Vargas, 3B (155 | 153)M. Murakami, 1B* (110 | 120)B. Doyle, CF (158 | 158)S. Antonacci, LF* (83 | 134)T. Pham, DH (103 | 103)K. Teel, C* (75, 140)C. Montgomery, SS* (118 | 65)I thought about putting Rogers in for Teel and wouldn’t completely hate it to start the game, but I ultimately went with our main dude Kyle as he’s hit LHP surprisingly well over the last two months (SSS).The other question was LF and whether to go with Sam or Peters. I decided to go with Sam and save Peters for when the Guardians’ bullpen comes in. By doing so, it allows us to decide if we need to prioritize defense or offense and gives us better flexibility on how to deploy Tristin. If we’re down, he comes in for Doyle or Grichuk. If we’re up, he comes in for Antonacci.My only concern with the above lineup is it quickly gets imbalanced once you start subbing in guys. However, I still think stacking your big three RH bats at the top makes the most sense. Getting after Messick the first or second time through the lineup is critical and those three RH bats are the best way to do that.
2 hours ago2 hr Its crazy that its so much easier to get a ticket in Cleveland than Chicago. Still pondering that decision for Monday.
2 hours ago2 hr 4 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:Its crazy that its so much easier to get a ticket in Cleveland than Chicago. Still pondering that decision for Monday.Yeah, I just had a "f***-it" moment and booked my trip to Cleveland tonight. Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the drunk one in Sox gear
2 hours ago2 hr 14 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:Its crazy that its so much easier to get a ticket in Cleveland than Chicago. Still pondering that decision for Monday.It's not though. That fan base is just destroyed.
2 hours ago2 hr 10 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:Yeah, I just had a "f***-it" moment and booked my trip to Cleveland tonight. Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the drunk one in Sox gearIt is a great place to see a game. A definite favorite of mine.
2 hours ago2 hr 20 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:Yeah, I just had a "f***-it" moment and booked my trip to Cleveland tonight. Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the drunk one in Sox gearIt's a quick 5 hour drive from Chicago, hope to see lots of Sox fans in attendance. Was surprised by the turnout in Houston. WAYYYYYYYYY more Sox fans there this time then in 2021
1 hour ago1 hr "Will Venable has done a masterful job of turning the club around, and now he’ll hope to stun the Guards and secure what would perhaps be the most unexpected ALCS berth in MLB history."www.si.com
1 hour ago1 hr 56 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:It's a quick 5 hour drive from Chicago, hope to see lots of Sox fans in attendance. Was surprised by the turnout in Houston. WAYYYYYYYYY more Sox fans there this time then in 2021Interesting, having been there in '21 (but not this time.) In some ways you might expect there to have been more support back then, given that it was an easy division winner and a team people considered more "solid" and expected. But on the other hand it's the out-of-nowhere aspect of this team that makes it so appealing.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:Yeah, I just had a "f***-it" moment and booked my trip to Cleveland tonight. Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the drunk one in Sox gearI almost did the same. But after going to Minny and Stl for these guys the last month or so my "travel the midwest for the Sox" budget is tightening up a bit. I'll be at G3 though.
1 hour ago1 hr 13 minutes ago, Whisox05 said:Makes total sense. Hopefully then can get Newcomb going again as that could be a pretty deadly pair against the Guardians.
11 minutes ago11 min 1 hour ago, Whisox05 said:Hagen for 2 or 3 and then Martin for bulk maybe? Or they might go full bullpen game because they have an off day the next day.
10 minutes ago10 min 5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:bullpen comes in. By doing so, it allows us to decide if we
10 minutes ago10 min 1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:Makes total sense. Hopefully then can get Newcomb going again as that could be a pretty deadly pair against the Guardians.With the weird day off between games 1 and 2, we can technically go bullpen game in both. We probably shouldn't, but we can. I think if you can use Newcomb to open for Burke in game 2, that'd make a lot of sense.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.